Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood The next time you appreciate how nice large titties look, be happy and smile to yourself. You deserve it.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9   Go Down

Author Topic: Fantasy football '13  (Read 23355 times)

0 Members and 4 Guests are viewing this topic.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Fantasy football '13
« Reply #30 on: September 05, 2013, 03:52:52 am »

I ran into a network problem with my work computer, so I had to decide which team I would pick manually on my cell phone.  I had a draft order list that I gave to Yahoo for both my team and Kaitlin's.  She had specific players she wanted though, so I manually picked hers (I think Hard Knocks has had undue influence on her - The Fighting Incognitos are Bengals heavy). Yahoo autopicked off the list I gave it and gave itself a good grade, despite picking Eli Manning.  It was less enchanted with my work on Kaitlin's behalf, but that might be due to the Cincinnati players I was obligated to sign.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Fantasy football '13
« Reply #31 on: September 05, 2013, 01:44:50 pm »

I fully autodrafted, and it gave me a B grade.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: Fantasy football '13
« Reply #32 on: September 05, 2013, 06:41:49 pm »

I got a C which, yahoo informs me, stands for champion.

I should have done a practice draft on my phone. And paid more attention to my pre-draft rankings. It's much harder to do some quick research on the phone.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Fantasy football '13
« Reply #33 on: September 06, 2013, 03:30:36 am »

I fully autodrafted, and it gave me a B grade.

I autodrafted in another league I'm in and it gave me a C+.  It's like Yahoo is saying "Ha!  That's what you get for trusting me.  C+ asshole."  Then Yahoo dances around me in a witch's hat, cackling manically and chanting C+, C+, C+.  Just like Ralphie's teacher in A Christmas Story.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Fantasy football '13
« Reply #34 on: September 06, 2013, 12:42:14 pm »

Who is Lucy and how much does she love peyton manning right now?
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Fantasy football '13
« Reply #35 on: September 06, 2013, 01:13:11 pm »

Who is Lucy and how much does she love peyton manning right now?

Lucy is my 22 year old daughter, and though she has had a crush on Peyton for years, I'm sure she appreciates him even more today. 

Me too, because I have him in a different league.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Fantasy football '13
« Reply #36 on: September 06, 2013, 01:59:05 pm »

Yeah, I got up this morning, saw that on ESPN, and went "Oh crap I bet I'm facing him in the fantasy league."

Fortunately I am not. Ash is the lucky winner of that prize.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Fantasy football '13
« Reply #37 on: September 06, 2013, 04:53:53 pm »

Jesus, a career day on the opening day of your 16th season.  First 7 touchdown performance by a QB since I was born.  And an interesting, articulate, and informative post-game interview, seasoned with an unapologetic Louisiana drawl.  I'm sure he's demanding to work with - I wonder what he said to Montee Ball after that botched run play in the 4th quarter. 
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Fantasy football '13
« Reply #38 on: September 06, 2013, 07:16:47 pm »

Wait is this thread about shitting on Manning?  Cause fuck that guy. 
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Fantasy football '13
« Reply #39 on: September 06, 2013, 08:08:34 pm »

Wait is this thread about shitting on Manning?  Cause fuck that guy. 

That was a masterful performance. So much fun to watch. Peyton is DA MAN!!!
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Fantasy football '13
« Reply #40 on: September 06, 2013, 08:42:46 pm »

Just watched this for old times' sake (old times being January).
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zce-QT7MGSE
Peyton must have had his potion last night.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Fantasy football '13
« Reply #41 on: September 19, 2013, 12:08:56 am »

Holy smokes!  Trent Richardson went to Indy for a 1st round draft pick.  Le-porkin has some thinking to do about whether to start him vs. the Niners this week.  Although Yahoo still shows Richardson on Cleveland at this point - presumably they will get that sorted out by game day.
Its great news for the Colts since Ballard went down.  I don't see what the Browns are getting out of it, unless Richardson is locker room poison which I haven't heard anything about.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Fantasy football '13
« Reply #42 on: September 19, 2013, 12:28:02 am »

They are starting over, wanted to the whole time, but waited two games.  Going for number 1 pick next year and another pick in the top 15.  Too bad their owner is scum, though it seems like maybe just stealing from other rich people?  That makes him slightly better I guess?
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Fantasy football '13
« Reply #43 on: September 19, 2013, 05:57:05 am »

Thanks?  It would still be cool if they were good sometime soon.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Fantasy football '13
« Reply #44 on: September 24, 2013, 07:11:15 pm »

After this weekend either carlos or I will still be undefeated. I've got an unreasonably strong line of receivers but no one to throw them the ball. Maybe RGIII will choose this weekend to unfuck himself.   :-\
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9   Go Up