Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Sssshhh...I'm discovering Sleater-Kinney. This is a special time in a boy's life.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9   Go Down

Author Topic: Fantasy football '13  (Read 23350 times)

0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Fantasy football '13
« Reply #45 on: September 24, 2013, 08:09:13 pm »

Unlike baseball, where I pretty much know what I'm doing, my football strategy is mostly "throw a bunch of guys out there and see what happens." I have no idea how I'm undefeated so far.

(I know my 5th-place regular season finish and sub-.500 record in baseball doesn't really look like "I pretty much know what I'm doing." But the strategy was "Be just good enough to make the playoffs, then knuckle down." If I'd paid as much attention during the regular season as I have during these playoffs, I'd have finished higher for sure.)
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Fantasy football '13
« Reply #47 on: September 24, 2013, 10:29:15 pm »

My team is evidence that despite my attempts to educate myself, I have no fuck*ng idea what to do in fantasy football.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Fantasy football '13
« Reply #48 on: September 29, 2013, 02:31:15 pm »

Gotta love checking your team Sunday morning and discovering you need to replace your entire wide receiver corps.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: Fantasy football '13
« Reply #49 on: September 29, 2013, 08:44:17 pm »

Mother of fuck. Go Hawks!

On a sour note, I spent a half hour this morning debating whether to start Jennings or Alshon Jeffery. Felt good about both. Stuck with Jennings, which turned out to not be a terrible call. Never did it cross my mind to bench Nicks or Stevie Johnson for Jeffery. Jesus. There went at least 20 points I really needed.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Fantasy football '13
« Reply #50 on: September 30, 2013, 04:07:15 pm »

I'm pretty sure Nicks can safely be benched or dropped without concern until the Giants figure out what they are doing.  If something good comes up on the waiver wire, I'm dropping Manning.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Fantasy football '13
« Reply #51 on: September 30, 2013, 08:59:38 pm »

Did Manning get benched yesterday?
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Fantasy football '13
« Reply #52 on: October 01, 2013, 04:40:19 pm »

Not in the real world.  Just on my fantasy team.  I put Flacco in instead, and while he wasn't very good, at least he didn't earn me negative points the way Manning has twice this year.  I don't think he is a bad quarterback; his offensive line cannot keep the defense off of him and his receivers aren't catching what is thrown to them - or at least preventing the defensive backs from intercepting the balls.  New York has no running game, so the defenses they are facing know the odds on any given play are for a pass which allows them to tee off on the QB and shut down the receivers.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Fantasy football '13
« Reply #53 on: October 04, 2013, 11:41:31 am »

Does anyone else think the new Yahoo! logo is a rip off of Revlon's logo? Also btw I'm kicking all of your asses.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Fantasy football '13
« Reply #54 on: October 04, 2013, 01:58:12 pm »

Yeah, only because I had to completely rebuild my wide receivers last week. (I also blame Santana Moss.)
And I had to do it again this week. yay

Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Fantasy football '13
« Reply #55 on: October 07, 2013, 03:27:13 pm »

I just got knocked out of my eliminator pool, apparently because Yahoo didn't register my selection. I swear I put in Atlanta. And in any event, that game hasn't happened yet, so I should STILL be able to pick Atlanta. But nooooooooooo. BOO TO THAT.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Fantasy football '13
« Reply #56 on: October 07, 2013, 05:00:57 pm »

Likewise, somehow Yahoo failed to recognize that I had subbed Charles Clay in for Gronk.  In our league, it doesn't matter because it looks like Nabu was too busy to adjust his roster (or perhaps was glitched as well), but in another Yahoo league I am going to lose this week because I had the same Gronk/Clay sub going on.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Fantasy football '13
« Reply #57 on: October 08, 2013, 01:56:56 pm »

I just got knocked out of my eliminator pool, apparently because Yahoo didn't register my selection. I swear I put in Atlanta. And in any event, that game hasn't happened yet, so I should STILL be able to pick Atlanta. But nooooooooooo. BOO TO THAT.

Yeah, never mind.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: Fantasy football '13
« Reply #58 on: October 08, 2013, 02:09:32 pm »

Tony fuck*ng Romo. What an asshole.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Fantasy football '13
« Reply #59 on: October 08, 2013, 02:12:33 pm »

Tony fuck*ng Romo. What an asshole.
I think he's a great guy. Meanwhile the biggest contender to my undisputed reign is a little girl named Kaitlin.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9   Go Up