Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood I got mad about Robert Fripp's "music" again. I need to go to bed.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9   Go Down

Author Topic: Fantasy football '13  (Read 23291 times)

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Fantasy football '13
« Reply #90 on: November 05, 2013, 06:16:45 pm »

The deal is not sealed till Thursday when stat corrections are applied.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: Fantasy football '13
« Reply #91 on: November 05, 2013, 07:17:02 pm »

Just like my Seahawks I pull off an improbable late comeback against a team I was favored to beat pretty soundly.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Fantasy football '13
« Reply #92 on: November 12, 2013, 08:20:35 pm »

As of last night I was the 80% favorite to win this week's matchup. Then 62% of my team decided to put up less than 50% of their anticipated points and I am now the 100% loser.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Fantasy football '13
« Reply #93 on: November 12, 2013, 09:04:57 pm »

As of last night I was the 80% favorite to win this week's matchup. Then 62% of my team decided to put up less than 50% of their anticipated points and I am now the 100% loser.

And 100% tied for first place.

(Of course, winning first place in the regular season has no correlation to success in the playoffs, as we've seen time and again.)
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: Fantasy football '13
« Reply #94 on: November 13, 2013, 04:01:18 am »

Yeah, tell me about it. The first solid year I have in fantasy  baseball I end the regular season in first place and fuck up the playoffs.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Fantasy football '13
« Reply #95 on: November 13, 2013, 02:16:47 pm »

Yeah, tell me about it. The first solid year I have in fantasy  baseball I end the regular season in first place and fuck up the playoffs.

Yeah, that's a shame.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Fantasy football '13
« Reply #96 on: November 13, 2013, 05:23:14 pm »

Someday I hope to recapture the glory year of 2010 when the Habaņeros finished 2nd.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Fantasy football '13
« Reply #97 on: November 13, 2013, 08:14:29 pm »

Me at fantasy football:



Dude, you've won our league twice. Cry me a river.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Fantasy football '13
« Reply #98 on: November 18, 2013, 02:44:03 pm »

VONTAAAAAAAAAZE BURFIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIICT

(If he does not shout his own name Leeroy Jenkins-style every time he makes a big play, he's not taking full advantage.)
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: Fantasy football '13
« Reply #99 on: November 19, 2013, 04:36:46 am »

Thank god, that was close.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Fantasy football '13
« Reply #100 on: November 19, 2013, 07:01:44 pm »

Jacksonville suddenly discovering how to play run defense, and the KC D being mortal against Manning made me come up short.  Gronk did what I needed him to - although that last play of the game would have put me over the top had he been able to make the catch.  Actually, that play sunk me in 2 leagues - this one and in another where my opponent had the Carolina D and won by 1.5 points (2 points for the interception).
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Fantasy football '13
« Reply #101 on: November 19, 2013, 08:16:02 pm »

I suspect the only people who like Belichick are Pats fans.  Although among them are those who still feel the sting of betrayal from Belichick throwing Bledsoe out in favour of shiny Tom Terrific.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Fantasy football '13
« Reply #102 on: November 20, 2013, 01:14:38 am »

Following the games this weekend was fun because even with 4 players still in the game, yahoo fantasty sports called me the 100% favorite to win. Yahoo fantasy sports told asherdan that not even an act of god could save his team.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Fantasy football '13
« Reply #103 on: November 26, 2013, 02:20:17 pm »

Three weeks to go in the regular season. No playoff spots clinched yet, but Tha Sugah Rain and Banana Town will each do so with one more win.
Owensboro and Magreaux Dogs currently sitting 3 and 4, MJW one game behind them, and the Monkeys and Incognitos two games out.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Fantasy football '13
« Reply #104 on: November 26, 2013, 06:18:56 pm »

I'm going to abandon my current approach and start gearing for the playoffs. I want a really good game at the superbowl, because like I said, I will be there as staff.
The pre-organizational meeting was full of people who found the link to the Welcoming Committee on facebutt and so I was 'elected' some kind of leader. Lord knows ACAP loves nothing more than herding a bunch of cats.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9   Go Up