Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood My bicycle is parked in the living room. A tub of tartar sauce sits open on the counter. Truly, the evidence of a wife being away too long.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Miley Cyrus on the VMA's  (Read 3933 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Miley Cyrus on the VMA's
« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2013, 04:12:56 pm »

paul, what is it you liked about the performance? what am i missing here?

I think I liked a lot of the things that you hated. I thought it was silly and weird and goofy and most of all Miley seemed to be having a lot of fun. And I don't think her act was out of character for a woman her age. I know women her age, beautiful full grown ladies that still have a lot of girlishness in their manner. You compared her to the girls in the Blurred Lines video. Sure, those women are sexy, but vapid. Miley showed more personality than all those women combined.

I also don't dislike the music like most of you do.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Miley Cyrus on the VMA's
« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2013, 04:55:45 pm »

I'm a little disturbed by the notion of Youtube videos of pets twerking.  Not so much the behavior - I would expect mammals of reproductive age to have something approximating the move - but the idea that the videos have thousands of views.
Why Twerking is Over
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Miley Cyrus on the VMA's
« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2013, 12:37:26 am »

My twitter acquaintance has a thing about this that Wombat shouldn't even think about reading.

A thing related to that dance move which has a name I hate is Lordosis Behavior. I was glad to learn this and maybe understand why seeing women in certain poses makes me feel like my brain is turning halfway off. I am certain I have linked to this before, because I have been fascinated for years.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: Miley Cyrus on the VMA's
« Reply #18 on: August 28, 2013, 01:09:46 am »

I'm a little disturbed by the notion of Youtube videos of pets twerking.  Not so much the behavior - I would expect mammals of reproductive age to have something approximating the move - but the idea that the videos have thousands of views.

Of all the things on youtube that get tons of views, this is what disturbs you?
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Miley Cyrus on the VMA's
« Reply #19 on: August 28, 2013, 02:47:06 am »

My twitter acquaintance has a thing about this that Wombat shouldn't even think about reading.

I did notice that the women on stage with her were bigger than the super trim type that you normally see dancing alongside a pop singer. But then again, the black rapper also came out surrounded a phalanx of big black women and the other rapper made mention of big fat asses in the lyrics. One other thing of note, those "Fat non-normative black female bodies" on that stage with Miley were really good looking. And it could also be said that Miley suffers from noassitall and needed those fat black rumps to compensate for her flat backside. Or, I don't know, maybe she just wants to subjugate black women.



Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: Miley Cyrus on the VMA's
« Reply #20 on: August 31, 2013, 04:39:11 pm »

Just watched this for the first time. Three thoughts:

1. Miley, show us on the teddy bear where Billy Ray touched you as a child.
2. Blurred Lines is kind of growing on me.
3. Dwayne Wayne's back!

Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up