Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

RT@achewood Would The Pet Shop Boys be nice to have over for Thanksgiving, or would they be a pain in the ass? It's really hard to tell.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Welcome Back, Mite!  (Read 4048 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

V-Adore

  • Guest
Welcome Back, Mite!
« on: January 16, 2004, 01:57:27 am »

Mite! Good to have you back, although I'm sorry about the depression and such. At least you're better now.
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Welcome Back, Mite!
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2004, 02:24:49 am »

Mite!  Also glad you're back, been wondering where you were.  

Personally I find that this Board helps keep me from a major depressive episode.  Depression sucks -- been there, done that, bought the meds.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Welcome Back, Mite!
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2004, 03:02:46 am »

Quote from: "Mite"
Quote from: "St_Zartan"

Which begs the question: why is there not an Iron Chef RPG

No! It doesn't beg the question! It RAISES the question. Begging the question is a specific kind of logical fallacy in which the conclusion is one of the premisses!

Oh, and I'm back from a long and hella-depression induced hiatus. And I'm feeling much better, thank you.


Believe it or not I was perusing the member list just a couple of hours ago and when I came across your name listed there I thought, I wonder where Mite's been.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Welcome Back, Mite!
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2004, 04:48:25 pm »

Welcome back, Mite.  As a present, you get your own thread!  

 :mrgreen:
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
Welcome Back, Mite!
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2004, 09:01:21 pm »

As others have said, welcome back and glad you're doing better.


Now we just have to find satchel...
Logged
goose means greedy

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Welcome Back, Mite!
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2004, 09:51:05 pm »

Quote from: "andalucia"

Now we just have to find satchel...


Satchel is alive and well and will hopefully be rejoining us soon.

V-Adore

  • Guest
Welcome Back, Mite!
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2004, 12:48:57 am »

Quote from: "jough"

Satchel is alive and well and will hopefully be rejoining us soon.

Hooray! This is good news, indeed.
Logged

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
Welcome Back, Mite!
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2004, 04:58:51 pm »

Ah, radical!  I was very worried about that whole dropping-off-the-face-of-the-earth thing that he had going on!  The whole family's back together, this'll be the best Christmas EVER, etc.
Logged
goose means greedy

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Welcome Back, Mite!
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2004, 07:32:02 pm »

What about Nabubrush?  I haven't seen him since September.  A lot of people are MIA.  But, I guess it's just the way of the web...
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Welcome Back, Mite!
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2004, 08:12:47 pm »

Quote from: "jldunston"
What about Nabubrush?  I haven't seen him since September.  A lot of people are MIA.  But, I guess it's just the way of the web...


And we'd have to persuade Pubdoggy to some out of hiding for at least a day when satchel does to reform briefly.
And then we can get Jough to lock every single thread and I'll weep remembering the good old days.
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

V-Adore

  • Guest
Welcome Back, Mite!
« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2004, 09:30:35 pm »

There are other people from the Dumbrella days who seem to have gone MIA -- Schabe, Capn, and Vinz Clortho come to mind. Ah, well, one cannot contain the wild Dumbrellite, I suppose.
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Welcome Back, Mite!
« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2004, 02:23:52 am »

I've actually been dreading my return to Dumbrella. I didn't have time to go during my computer problems and now I've missed 4 weeks of posts. I'm going to have to skip a whole lot of threads entirely if I don't want to sit here  until Easter catching up.
Logged

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Welcome Back, Mite!
« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2004, 05:58:56 pm »

Ummm - anyway, I had things going on. Important things. I'm moving from this frozen barren wasteland in about a month - to PDX to be with my intended. I'll certainly check in more often. I sort of think of myself as a charter member of the board, as I am number 6, I think. Also, I'd like to post to see if I'm even able to.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

AlohaDawg

  • Moderator
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Welcome Back, Mite!
« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2004, 07:04:20 pm »

Good reason to move! Congrats if appropriate. Also, where is PDX?
Logged

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Welcome Back, Mite!
« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2004, 07:18:15 pm »

Sorry - I think in terms of the airport codes. It's Portland, OR. Also, I am moving from ANC.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up