Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Did you know...
that there is no way to put a picture of a pug in the News Box?

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Down

Author Topic: Stay the fuck quiet during these tasty pancakes 9/20/13  (Read 14881 times)

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Stay the fuck quiet during these tasty pancakes 9/20/13
« Reply #75 on: October 04, 2013, 07:44:06 pm »

Seeing a football game displayed on a high-def television for me was a similar experience to hearing familiar music (Ozzy's Tribute album) from a CD after growing up with cassette tapes.  Now looking at a standard definition channel feels like I need to clean my eyeballs off.  My wife still records a lot of her favourite rerun shows (Law&Order, Cold Case, Golden Girls, and recently The Cosby Show) off the non-HD channels, but that's just because they take up less space on the DVR and she only looks at the screen 25% of the time when she's "watching" them.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Stay the fuck quiet during these tasty pancakes 9/20/13
« Reply #76 on: October 04, 2013, 08:05:14 pm »

Seeing a football game displayed on a high-def television for me was a similar experience to hearing familiar music (Ozzy's Tribute album) from a CD after growing up with cassette tapes.  Now looking at a standard definition channel feels like I need to clean my eyeballs off.  My wife still records a lot of her favourite rerun shows (Law&Order, Cold Case, Golden Girls, and recently The Cosby Show) off the non-HD channels, but that's just because they take up less space on the DVR and she only looks at the screen 25% of the time when she's "watching" them.

The Lady has only ever had the default FIOS DVR which only holds like 8 hours of HD so I can at least see the economy argument there. But now we use my TiVo which holds something like 150 hours of HD. I have over 40 HD episodes of Good Eats to watch, some miscellaneous stuff to catch up on, 3 movies, and all of this week's shows and I still have something like 140 suggestions. Space is no longer a concern.
Logged

dejavroom

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 165
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1362
  • confused and angry
    • View Profile
Re: Stay the fuck quiet during these tasty pancakes 9/20/13
« Reply #77 on: October 10, 2013, 04:20:51 pm »

Now looking at a standard definition channel feels like I need to clean my eyeballs off

If I were a good looking actor I'd sue this technology. I wasn't ready for that close-up of well-illuminated face pores. I wasn't ready for the martian ladscapes that are faces' true faces, even in groin-grabbingly good-looking actor/actresses.
Logged
The absurdity is veiled by the poetic charm with which the poet invests it.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Up