Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Education.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: iPod Synergy  (Read 1823 times)

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
iPod Synergy
« on: October 17, 2013, 06:34:09 am »

An effect of modern music listening is that all of my music is always alphabetized. One sometimes positive aspect of this is when I add new music I rediscover old music at the same time. I still listen to whole albums, I'm old fashioned that way.  So while I am listening to music at my desk as I'm doing other things I'll forget about it and when my chosen album has finished it will start playing the next album in the list.  In this case I've been listening to the new American Sharks album which shows up just above American Stars and Bars. So I've been discovering a great new album while rediscovering a great old one.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Victoria Waterfield

  • Molly
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 336
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 739
  • FUCK YOU, MIKE!
    • View Profile
Re: iPod Synergy
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2013, 06:56:46 am »

An effect of modern music listening is that all of my music is always alphabetized. One sometimes positive aspect of this is when I add new music I rediscover old music at the same time. I still listen to whole albums, I'm old fashioned that way.  So while I am listening to music at my desk as I'm doing other things I'll forget about it and when my chosen album has finished it will start playing the next album in the list.  In this case I've been listening to the new American Sharks album which shows up just above American Stars and Bars. So I've been discovering a great new album while rediscovering a great old one.

The same thing happened to me when I added "Whoomp! There It Is (2000 Remix)" to my playlist, and I rediscovered "Whoomp! There It Is (House Mix)" and "Whoomp! (Si Lo Es)".
Logged

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: iPod Synergy
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2013, 01:27:20 pm »

When I have music on at home, I frequently put the whole collection on shuffle, which can result in some great old stuff showing up. At the Drive In's "Enfilade" came on the other day and it was time to ROCK OUT.

Of course, with the whole collection on shuffle and the kids in the house, I have to pay close attention lest something like Tenacious D's "Kielbasa" comes on.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: iPod Synergy
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2013, 02:35:21 pm »

The same thing happened to me when I added "Whoomp! There It Is (2000 Remix)" to my playlist, and I rediscovered "Whoomp! There It Is (House Mix)" and "Whoomp! (Si Lo Es)".

I'll save everyone a google search: http://youtu.be/mb8ZBYXvc3s

Looks like some dude named MC Skeey does the verses but Tag Team does the chorus. I already knew that DC the Brain Supreme and Steve Roll'n were skilled musicians, but bilingual on top of that? Who knew they were renaissance men?
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

nDed

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 34
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 292
    • View Profile
Re: iPod Synergy
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2013, 07:28:34 pm »

I listen to internet radio at work. The player is usually covered up by a movie or something, so now there's a bunch of songs I like that I don't know the names of.
Logged
Love never blows up and gets killed.
Pages: [1]   Go Up