Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Wife upset because I kept her up all night playing World of Snorecraft.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New  (Read 1973 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
New
« on: October 17, 2013, 06:51:34 pm »

It's no secret that I love Paul McCartney. His new album came out yesterday and it's pretty fuck*ng good. He's been promoting the shit out of it too which is great for me because I've seen him performing on television at least a half a dozen times in the last few weeks.

iHeart Radio Festival

Mini Concert on Jimmy Fallon

Jimmy Kimmel

Live in Times Square

At the BBC

On NPR

Bang & Olufsen

Howard Stern

Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: New
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2013, 07:38:30 pm »

I saw him at Nationals Park back in July. I'm not a HUGE McCartney/Beatles fan, but have sufficient respect and figured he's one of those guys you should see while you have the chance. And it was a good show--he played a wide variety of Beatles classics, Wings songs, and a few choice covers. A couple of slow spots for songs that the crowd didn't really know. But singing "Hey Jude" with 35K+ people was lovely, and they set off fireworks and flames an' shit during "Live and Let Die."
http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/paul-mccartney/2013/nationals-park-washington-dc-7bd956d4.html
http://instagram.com/p/bsLQXZiKnq/
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: New
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2013, 09:58:18 pm »

and they set off fireworks and flames an' shit during "Live and Let Die."

Yeah, dude brings the pyro
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: New
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2013, 04:09:11 am »

Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Victoria Waterfield

  • Molly
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 336
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 739
  • FUCK YOU, MIKE!
    • View Profile
Re: New
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2013, 11:52:44 pm »

Hey Paul - so I got this album the day after it came out, but only had time to listen to it once. Well I've just listened to it again, and you're right - it's pretty fuck*ng good! Of his recent albums, it's not as good as Electric Arguments, but then, what is?

There's a lot of variety in the tracks. Some are predominantly electronic – "Appreciate" starts out sounding like a dance remix of "Because" – and some are acoustic ballads. "Queenie Eye" is a pretty fun song that's not quite like anything he's done before. And at least some of the songs have lyrics that aren't as tossed off as his lyrics can sometimes be – I particularly appreciated "On My Way To Work", as it starts out sounding like a tossed-off lyric ("On my way to work / I bought a magazine / Inside a pretty girl / Who liked to water-ski / She came from Chichester / To study history") but it actually turns out to be pretty sly: "She had removed her clothes / For the likes of me"!
Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up