Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

TOUAMB: Debating the decline and fall of Chris Onstad since 2003.

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Baffling websites  (Read 10088 times)

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

ianmalcolm2

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 129
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 206
  • the persian inversion
    • View Profile
Baffling websites
« on: December 01, 2013, 10:33:44 pm »

I like collecting bad websites. Like, ones so bad they're sublime. Because the (un)official link discussion doesn't quite seem the place for these, I thought I'd do up a new topic to share the weirdest, dankest corners of the internet we've been to. Maybe post a description as well, if pertinent.

To get the ball rolling, and set the tone:

http://arngren.net/

I would buy stuff from here if I could figure out how. The beauty is in this site's total lack of self-awareness. And the elaborate Christmas GIF collage at the bottom.


http://deoxy.org/

Finding this mess was the moment I decided I should probably never do DMT. It's great for clicking around aimlessly in search of conspiracy theory non-sequiturs. Kinda like David Icke threw up on Geocities.

« Last Edit: December 01, 2013, 10:56:40 pm by ianmalcolm2 »
Logged
Nothing else I could say would make more sense given what I own and what I am doing at this moment.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Baffling websites
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2013, 11:47:15 pm »

I'm not clicking any of that.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Baffling websites
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2013, 05:05:49 am »

There was a post on Facebook recently of totally strange websites. I think it was from the local weekly, but I can't seem to find it now.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

ianmalcolm2

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 129
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 206
  • the persian inversion
    • View Profile
Re: Baffling websites
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2013, 08:30:03 pm »

For whatever my word's worth, a-cap, I am not a spammin man. Click and you will not see a lady's nethers smeared in birthday cake.
Logged
Nothing else I could say would make more sense given what I own and what I am doing at this moment.

dejavroom

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 165
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1362
  • confused and angry
    • View Profile
Re: Baffling websites
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2013, 11:37:32 pm »

http://arngren.net/

Oh, wow. This is some next level shit. Even the text that pops up when you hover the penis over the tab is terrifyingly beautiful in its unabashed grodiness.

I'll be adding some of my own specimens to this thread soon, you bet.
Logged
The absurdity is veiled by the poetic charm with which the poet invests it.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Baffling websites
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2013, 11:46:39 pm »

Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Baffling websites
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2013, 12:08:39 am »

I'm out.

That really got me giggling.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

ianmalcolm2

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 129
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 206
  • the persian inversion
    • View Profile
Re: Baffling websites
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2013, 03:14:34 am »

If you thought Arngren was nuts, Dejavroom, I'm thusly compelled to bump it up to the next tier of clutter:

Behold: Ling's Cars! As to why anybody would buy a car from a website this unabashedly skeezy is beyond me, but I'm happy to look at it.

Logged
Nothing else I could say would make more sense given what I own and what I am doing at this moment.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Baffling websites
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2013, 05:59:42 am »

I'll raise you some cask-strength crazy.  I love that this link still works.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

Victoria Waterfield

  • Molly
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 336
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 739
  • FUCK YOU, MIKE!
    • View Profile
Re: Baffling websites
« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2013, 06:14:52 am »

Gang, check out this website. Who can make any sense of that? It makes NO sense!
Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Baffling websites
« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2013, 07:18:26 am »

Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Baffling websites
« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2013, 07:20:22 am »

wwwwwww.jodi.org/ because fuck you.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Baffling websites
« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2013, 07:23:33 am »

Nobody Here.

Nobody sane anyway.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Baffling websites
« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2013, 07:26:21 am »

Medijate

Like meditate, but more seizure inducing.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Baffling websites
« Reply #14 on: December 03, 2013, 07:30:10 am »

Boobah Zone

Because the creator's previous work, the Teletubbies was too logical.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up