Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

"Artists need to make money to eat and to continue to make art. Artists used to rely on middlemen to collect their money on their behalf, thereby rendering themselves innocent of cash-handling in the public eye. Artists will now be coming straight to you (yes YOU, you who want their music, their films, their books) for their paychecks. Please welcome them. Please help them. Please do not make them feel badly about asking you directly for money.” -Amanda Palmer

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Baffling websites  (Read 10047 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Baffling websites
« Reply #15 on: December 03, 2013, 07:31:33 am »

And of course... Anything is possible
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Baffling websites
« Reply #16 on: December 03, 2013, 10:10:41 am »

I'm not gonna look it up, but wasn't there a message board just one person posted too forever?
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

ianmalcolm2

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 129
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 206
  • the persian inversion
    • View Profile
Re: Baffling websites
« Reply #17 on: December 03, 2013, 11:30:18 am »

pmcd9 —— these are perfect! I'm also happy to see jodi.com or whatever again. That was one of the first in my 'crazy' folder. The heaven's gate one is a beauty.

http://www.yyyyyyy.info/ is a lot of fun, but it lacks the self-seriousness that makes some of these other ones great. Still worth a bewildered perusal though.
Logged
Nothing else I could say would make more sense given what I own and what I am doing at this moment.

ianmalcolm2

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 129
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 206
  • the persian inversion
    • View Profile
Re: Baffling websites
« Reply #18 on: December 03, 2013, 12:12:24 pm »

Boobah Zone

Because the creator's previous work, the Teletubbies was too logical.

I think I remember somebody having linked me to this site in college as an 'example of the Kristevan semiotic'. Yeah don't get a degree in literary theory.

http://fablesofadjacentreality.com/ is a magic dealio, as well. It really brings one back to angelfire days, 'yknow.
Logged
Nothing else I could say would make more sense given what I own and what I am doing at this moment.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Baffling websites
« Reply #19 on: December 03, 2013, 01:42:52 pm »

Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Baffling websites
« Reply #20 on: December 03, 2013, 03:25:56 pm »

glad to see superbad is still kicking around 15 years after i found it.
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

dejavroom

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 165
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1362
  • confused and angry
    • View Profile
Re: Baffling websites
« Reply #21 on: December 03, 2013, 09:25:04 pm »

Guys, meet Tana. She's a devil babe. http://www.tanadevilbabe.com/

Piping hot cheesecake guys http://www.tanadevilbabe.com/pics/cheese.htm

Half man, hald lady, ALL BUSINESS
« Last Edit: December 03, 2013, 09:30:48 pm by dejavroom »
Logged
The absurdity is veiled by the poetic charm with which the poet invests it.

ianmalcolm2

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 129
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 206
  • the persian inversion
    • View Profile
Re: Baffling websites
« Reply #22 on: December 04, 2013, 07:56:01 pm »

I think Tana and Faye Kane might get along well.

This one is undeniably NSFW. As far as I can tell, "Faye Kane's Fuck Sanctuary" is the blog a of BDSM-inclined schizophrenic physicist who lives in the woods with a bunch of outdated computer equipment. A strain of crazy like no other, but tread carefully—some of this stuff is just plain unsavoury.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2013, 08:11:46 pm by ianmalcolm2 »
Logged
Nothing else I could say would make more sense given what I own and what I am doing at this moment.

dejavroom

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 165
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1362
  • confused and angry
    • View Profile
Re: Baffling websites
« Reply #23 on: December 04, 2013, 08:42:30 pm »

BDSM-inclined schizophrenic physicist who lives in the woods with a bunch of outdated computer equipment.

Oh my God, a perfect thing to say!

*SPLUT!*
Logged
The absurdity is veiled by the poetic charm with which the poet invests it.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Baffling websites
« Reply #24 on: December 04, 2013, 08:47:58 pm »

Unsavory indeed. Yikes!
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

ianmalcolm2

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 129
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 206
  • the persian inversion
    • View Profile
Re: Baffling websites
« Reply #25 on: December 04, 2013, 11:29:02 pm »

Sorry Paul——I should've gone beyond the requisite NSFW when warning about this site. It veers frequently into stuff that even I have difficulty treating with levity. Sometimes we must turn to darkness in order to throw the light into sharper relief. I guess. Maybe.

You gotta admit though, that "putting the ass back into Aspergers since 2003" is Certainly A Thing To Say.

What worries me is that I don't remember who sent this to me in the first place.
Logged
Nothing else I could say would make more sense given what I own and what I am doing at this moment.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Baffling websites
« Reply #26 on: December 05, 2013, 01:17:30 am »

Oh, I'm not so easily offended. You need not worry.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

ianmalcolm2

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 129
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 206
  • the persian inversion
    • View Profile
Re: Baffling websites
« Reply #27 on: December 05, 2013, 01:34:25 am »

If I take every statement this girl makes at face value (which is unwise, I know), at the very least she's followed through with her principles and made a life for herself that most people would consider impossible.

And that tent/cave is a pretty cool setup.
Logged
Nothing else I could say would make more sense given what I own and what I am doing at this moment.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Baffling websites
« Reply #28 on: December 05, 2013, 01:37:37 am »

I think Tana and Faye Kane might get along well.

This one is undeniably NSFW. As far as I can tell, "Faye Kane's Fuck Sanctuary" is the blog a of BDSM-inclined schizophrenic physicist who lives in the woods with a bunch of outdated computer equipment. A strain of crazy like no other, but tread carefully—some of this stuff is just plain unsavoury.

I must be really warped, then, 'cause I read most of it as witty satire. Not the disingenuous kind -- no Modest Proposals here -- but the kind that takes something that is outside the mainstream but still true for the writer, skews it just a hair, and then throws in a dash of over-the-topitude just to shock the norms.

I recognize that voice. I know real-life people like this. Not coincidentally, many of them have Aspergers and/or are scientists of some kind.

The gangbang metaphor to explain spontaneous symmetry breaking is fairly brilliant, if you ask me.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

ianmalcolm2

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 129
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 206
  • the persian inversion
    • View Profile
Re: Baffling websites
« Reply #29 on: December 05, 2013, 01:53:35 am »

It's true that the main thing she seems to want to get across is that 'geeks' are repressed and that she has found some kind of autistic paradise existence, but I'm not sure if I could call this stuff 'satire'. I agree that there's some definite wish-fulfillment involved, and while the voice does seem believable, the facts are undeniably distorted.

Some of the writing is pretty fun, admittedly. This blog is the kind of thing I like to find every so often, if only because it presents a reality so far from the one inhabited by myself and most people I know.
Logged
Nothing else I could say would make more sense given what I own and what I am doing at this moment.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up