The gangbang metaphor to explain spontaneous symmetry breaking is fairly brilliant, if you ask me.
It's a tour (tourette?) de force, really.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I... I'm very sad. One of the bafflingest websites... artifacts...
things in existence is in Portuguese, and so it's out of reach for most of the rest of the world. Or-or perhaps I'm very happy and relieved because the breakout is contained down here. I say breakout because having contact with this...
presence really makes one think of a dimensional breach of some kind, from where some colour out of space or alien toxic entity could leak in.
Ok, I'll do my best here, but keep in mind you'll be protected from the full blast by the language barrier, the inadequacy of my words etc. Believe me, *there's no way I'm overselling it*.
It's a website, but this website, as huge (it's *so* huge), irretrievably bonkers and groin-grabbingly byzantine as it is, is just the marketing vehicle/support for a book (and only now as I'm writing this I realize how utterly lovecraftian this whole thing is starting with a cursed tome), actually 12 volumes of a maxiseries called "Gea".
The book was written by Claudio Cesar Dias Batista, the genius/bonkers brother of the genius/bonkers Batista brothers of Os Mutantes fame (yeah, they had another brother who dabbled in electronics and actually created some crazy instruments and equipment for them back in the day), and... I can't really hope to tell you what the damn thing is about, but... wait! wait a second!

Now, it's like this,
in tone, but the content is actually just a teensy bit more coherent... it's possible to be *very* bizarre while still being coherent -- and he is a very cultured person, so it's not like he's
completely out there... but he's clearly hanging by a thread.
For starters he's completely oblivious to how megalomaniac the whole thing is. All throughout his website he boasts that "Géa" actually "surpasses all the millenia-old religious texts of the world". "My book has more than 3.400 characters!", he yells from another page. He says that the book contains twice the size of Shakespeare's lexicon (30.000 words), that it reveals the deepest truths and ultimate meaning of the life of *every reader*, and he is capable of writing earnest copy like:
"Géa is everything. Everything is made of Géa. But Géa is not only that." He opens the website with a line about it being the biggest literary work "on Earth".
Reading his text, both the one where he talks about the book, and the book itself (there's plenty of samples scattered throughout the site) yields gem after gem after gem of insanity and obliviousness and... and yet part of me has to concede that some nugget of relatable humanity gleams somewhere down there (even if irretrievable, lost forever, like the last twinkle of sanity in Friedrich Holderlin's eyes). It's like someone actually imparted some very basic notions about storytelling, its role in the formation of human consciousness, the power of myths etc. etc. to a very peculiar, drug-soaked mind (Os Mutantes, the 60's) and then set it loose to work and, fuck, I'm exhausted and I haven't even touched upon the IMAGES.
At least here we'll reach full understanding, and hopefully you'll be able to extrapolate the esthetics of the images and arrive at a (thankfully) blurry idea of the man's text, since they're cut form the same wobbly cloth. See, this guy is *very* active and *thorough* (as touched people often are), so he also is making 3D illustrations for his book (along with animations and songs and). This is what I mean by being coherent while at the same time being ludicrously *out there*: You see a head on top of a shoulder, and two arms and legs, etc, it's all there, and yet...



<--- I have a problem with spiders. So of course he had to go and create this.

<--- It's playing an harp amidst flames! It's playing an harp amidst flames!

<--- this handsome feller is a vampire. His name is "Dalv", because: a) "Vlad", and b) Fuck you

He thinks this is commercial-grade illustration work.
He really thinks that.Picture him. Picture it. Picture this man, day after day of his life, night after night, isolated somewhere in the country, laboriously building this Ark, this maze of interconnected dementia, drawing one crude 3D image after another, bound to this labor of arrested love, slowly amassing a book the size of 10 James Joyce's "Ulysses" that nobody will read because its style is repellent to human minds, and building a bloated, obsessively documented and annotated website on top of that...
I can't... I can't... here, there's an image gallery (there are I don't know how many other image galleries somewhere in there):
http://www.ccdb.gea.nom.br/livro_nono_de_geinha.htmlHere's a page in English with an abhorrent 3D animation to download!
http://www.ccdb.gea.nom.br/ky_danca_proust_bale_video_english_version.htmlHere is the inconspicuous maw of madness... abandon all hope, etc:
http://www.ccdb.gea.nom.br/Sorry, I can't go on. I haven't even scratched the surface and I'm already disintegrating, I knew this would happen. In trying to touch Géa, I'm being absorbed, eaten alive, as it always happens. Lost in countless open tabs, not remembering where I came from or where I'm going, drowning in endless text and horrifying images which look like if they were vomited by a computer who doesn't understand the concept of HUMAN. The website is fractal in its fragmentation, so pretty much every page you visit will have links to countless other pages with more deranged publicity text, the history of the website (which includes a lengthy, painstakingly recorded fight with Google on account of I DON'T CARE LET ME GO!), excerpts of the book which are already almost illegible in Portuguese because of course he had to *create a language specifically for the story which is only Portuguese if you squint real hard* (which is why he compiled a whole dictionary to go with it) and...
Here you have the synopsis of the book mangled by Google translator, extracted from the guy's bio at Wikipedia (I really think Google translator improved it):
GEA , the main work of CCDB is an online publication consists of twelve volumes (plus a thirteenth with glossaries and cross-references ) . The narrative focuses on the history of Clausar , an alien planet in their quest for GEA GEA Luz.10 has a vocabulary ( or lexicon ) thirty thousand words , being the thirteenth volume dictionary and glossary that léxico.10 The plot the " GEA " includes science fiction, drama , politics , sex and mysticism. Thirty thousand words is double the lexicon of William Shakespeare and six times the lexicon of Camões in " The Lusiads " 11 .
Besides Gea , Claudius Dias Baptista wrote juvenile Geínha work ( twelve volumes) and the book ) to ( likewise wrote the technical audio book CCDB - . . Geadágio Professional Recording is a collection of thoughts and adages of the author , gifts work in GEA .
Participated in drafting the screenplay for the film 's American filmmaker Jeff McCarty 12 , and Steven Kedrowsky Bread and Circuses 13 (in production ) , as well as the animated short film Mutantes and the Garden of Notes14 the same author on the same subject , in which you can see animations and photographs representing Claudius Dias Baptista and his name in the final thanks .
CCDB has produced illustrations and works Gea Geínha , the covers of all your books and to disseminate the written work , composed many songs , both alone and in conjunction with other authors .
Main characters [edit | edit source code ]
The total work of CCDB includes 3,455 characters . GEA includes 1,267 characters , 15 including :
Clausar , alien planet Gea , reached the stars in search of Ansata .
Gia , Clausar wife , came to him from the waves on the beach of Arion .
Ra, son of Clausar and Gia , penetrated the core of the star that bears his name .
Ky , daughter of the first marriage Clausar , is the biggest dancer of the universe .
Serious subjugated the planet Ro Penta Bolinei with the sound of gravitational Etérila of Soládio .
Ardo is great musician and middle brother of Clausar ( firstborn ) and Serious ( youngest ) .
Ra - El , Clausar best friend and expert pilot spaceships war .
Atlantis is the musical group created by Clausar and Ra - El , in which play Serious , Ardo and Ree .
Geárion , Being of Light , Ky. One of Species .
Toxia in grammes of deadly poison.
Posenk , bio- computer that came to life .
Talia , Ra dream girl .
Terrar , the Terran .
GEA , the female part of the One - the final chapter .
Geo ( God ) , the male part of the One - the final chapter .
I don't know, man. I wish Jorge Luis Borges was alive and I knew him, and he wasn't blind, and I could show him this.
I will leave you now with this knowledge, envying you and not envying you for your ignorance.
Over and out.