Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Have some dignity.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Krampus  (Read 2161 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Krampus
« on: December 15, 2013, 09:36:14 am »

Seems to be popular with anti Christmas crowd. He's kinda come out of nowhere in the last 5 years or less. I know he's been around forever and blah blah blah, but... It's really become a thing these days. I liked it at first when I saw it a couple of years ago. An interesting alternative, but now that it's gotten so big so fast It has made me suspicious.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Krampus
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2013, 12:09:15 am »

since santa doesnt visit poor kids whose parents cant afford to buy gifts, does that mean that krampus doesnt visit kids whose parents dont punish them?
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Krampus
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2013, 02:43:04 pm »

Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Krampus
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2013, 05:36:33 pm »

I only know about krampus from when dwight schrute portrayed him on the office. I didn't know it existed outside of that. Until today, that is.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

ianmalcolm2

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 129
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 206
  • the persian inversion
    • View Profile
Re: Krampus
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2013, 04:24:31 am »

On the topic of Yuletide dudes from other times and places:

A local government official in my city recently got in a lot of shit for having his picture taken with a dude in 'blackface.' His defence (and a semi-valid one, I think) was that he was in the Netherlands posing with Black Pete, Saint Nick's cute n' cuddly Moorish slave!

To be fair to all cultures that celebrate it, though, Christmas is just damn weird.
Logged
Nothing else I could say would make more sense given what I own and what I am doing at this moment.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Krampus
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2013, 04:48:42 am »

It's always weird how Americans don't know how to deal with racism in other cultures. It's like "wait, but in this culture, it's normal to do this racist thing. So if I don't do it, am I disrespecting their culture?" No, just follow the normal rules of morality and you will be fine.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Krampus
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2013, 07:32:27 am »

It's always weird how Americans don't know how to deal with racism in other cultures. It's like "wait, but in this culture, it's normal to do this racist thing. So if I don't do it, am I disrespecting their culture?" No, just follow the normal rules of morality and you will be fine.

word
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Krampus
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2013, 01:44:07 pm »

We should put this here for anyone who came in late.
http://yoisthisracist.com/

I don't know anything about Krampus except that my friends at Archie McPhee are into it. This looks like it was fun:
http://geyserofawesome.com/post/69981491067/the-2013-krampusfest-previously-featured-here-is
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc
Pages: [1]   Go Up