Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Chris waited all day for the Comcast repair guy, and he never showed up. What is he supposed to do with this cream pie?

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Apple Brewin'  (Read 5678 times)

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Apple Brewin'
« Reply #15 on: December 20, 2013, 11:52:11 pm »

Well, true. But there's store-bought stuff that comes in a jar that came from who knows where, and there's store-bought stuff that people are actually making in the store, like right there in front of you. The latter, I expect, is almost exactly like what I'd make at home.

I think professional Koreans would probably make it better than I would at home, so as long as I am fortunate to live near a bunch, I will leave it to them.

I would also watch that show, repeatedly.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Apple Brewin'
« Reply #16 on: December 21, 2013, 12:30:55 am »

Hmm, we've got lots of Vietnamese here, but I'll bet there are some Koreans as well. And we totally have grocery stores like the one A-Cap described. The meat market is totally bonkers. I think I may need to go Kimchi shopping.

oh man don't let the food network get ahold of that one, guy fieri would just turn it into a bunch of bullshit.

Word!

Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Apple Brewin'
« Reply #17 on: December 23, 2013, 02:25:27 pm »

Hmm, we've got lots of Vietnamese here

Then you should be eating lots of pho and banh mi.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Apple Brewin'
« Reply #18 on: December 24, 2013, 12:51:33 am »

Then you should be eating lots of pho and banh mi.

Definitely! We talked about this.

Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

ianmalcolm2

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 129
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 206
  • the persian inversion
    • View Profile
Re: Apple Brewin'
« Reply #19 on: October 19, 2014, 09:40:15 pm »

It's kimchi season again. 10 pounds this year, and that doesn't include the radish stuff, and the hot pepper-less 'white kimchi'.

Something about the ritual and/or long amounts of time involved in making kimchi usually results in me gettin all tippled on beverages. But the feeling of drunk self-satisfaction when you're done beats all else.
Logged
Nothing else I could say would make more sense given what I own and what I am doing at this moment.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Apple Brewin'
« Reply #20 on: October 20, 2014, 07:32:26 pm »

It's nice to have annual rituals such as this.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up