Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Trains are saying "hello".  All this time, we just snub them.

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: 2014  (Read 7414 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
2014
« on: December 27, 2013, 07:20:03 am »

Happy New Year party people. Tell me about your parties, but first read this and take it to heart.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

ianmalcolm2

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 129
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 206
  • the persian inversion
    • View Profile
Re: 2014
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2013, 11:47:27 am »

"The year without a Namaste"

If only, if only.
Logged
Nothing else I could say would make more sense given what I own and what I am doing at this moment.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: 2014
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2013, 02:02:29 pm »

"The year without a Namaste"

If only, if only.

Namaste, motherfucker.  Namaste.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: 2014
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2013, 02:55:29 pm »

why can't a person enjoy an a capella competition without irony, why is irony required for that

how about we leave behind judgmental nonsense about peoples' taste how bout that huh
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: 2014
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2013, 04:27:52 pm »

"The year without a Namaste"

Namaste is Arian Foster's touchdown move. He's the NFL equivalent of Sound and Motion, except that he's really good.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

ianmalcolm2

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 129
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 206
  • the persian inversion
    • View Profile
Re: 2014
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2013, 05:09:08 pm »

Cho-cha-cho-ronis.

As a 2013 thankfulness retrospective, can I just commend you people for not saying/overusing 'Chochacho' on this board? I'm on the facebook page, and the depths to which folks will sink just to insert Achewood quotables into every goddamn post makes my head hurt.

'Hey there chochacheronis I just such as got my such as dang ol teeth pulled but I'm from such as circumstances and can't afford such as insurance! Dang!"

At least when Beef garbles his speech with colloquial phrasing, it does not normally result in an syntactic utter brainteaser.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2013, 06:12:53 pm by ianmalcolm2 »
Logged
Nothing else I could say would make more sense given what I own and what I am doing at this moment.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: 2014
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2013, 08:12:08 pm »

Happy New Year party people. Tell me about your parties, but first read this and take it to heart.

About half of those are funny  and/or a good idea (20, yes please), and then the other half are either not funny or don't make any sense to me at all. I guess some of them are things These Kids Today say that I am out of the loop about (15)?
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: 2014
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2013, 11:13:41 pm »

I don't know what most of those are talking about.

"Acapella" is the worst thing on earth. I put it in quotes because I am referring to the whole schtick. People singing without instruments are fine. What I don't like is the kind where they pretend to be instruments.
Unless it is Gospel. that stuff rules.

2013 was a fantastic year that grew out of a really awful year. This year I didn't "go anywhere" outwardly but I changed a lot personally. I look forward to the continuation of this trend in 2014, plus also being accepted to graduate school. Or not, and then doing something else.
I am really into the period that is going to occur starting in 2 weeks, where I am done with grad school apps but haven't heard back yet. I am going to work out, learn more about fixing bikes, read books, cook, hang out. Enjoy life and growth with no "big" goals.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

ianmalcolm2

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 129
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 206
  • the persian inversion
    • View Profile
Re: 2014
« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2013, 11:43:14 pm »

I feel like the whole idea that kids have recently started 'liking things ironically' has been blown out of proportion. People have earnestly appreciated kitsch and camp for decades at least, and the fact that bad or outmoded cultural products can be enjoyed earnestly for their hilariousness seems lost on those who decry our culture's 'irony epidemic.'



Logged
Nothing else I could say would make more sense given what I own and what I am doing at this moment.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: 2014
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2013, 08:24:38 pm »

2013 can go to hell. I literally went gray this year in my 20s. There's a pivotal moment in a man's life when he picks up a box of Just For Men and wonders if it is really Just For Him.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: 2014
« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2013, 01:44:32 am »

2013 can go to hell. I literally went gray this year in my 20s. There's a pivotal moment in a man's life when he picks up a box of Just For Men and wonders if it is really Just For Him.

Happened to me.  I was grizzled by 25 and gray by 30.  Now my beard is white but my mustache is hanging on to the red for a while longer.

I wouldn't sweat it much.  It gives you gravitas.  As to the hairdye question, don't wear a cape.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: 2014
« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2013, 01:59:50 am »

Yeah, 2013 sucked a pipe. I don't have any money, I'm old, fat and I can't get laid. People keep dying. It's been a really shitty year.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: 2014
« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2013, 08:36:18 pm »

Every time the idea of hair dye comes up, I think about how the roots would show in a week or so - and that just doesn't seem like a treadmill I want to be on.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: 2014
« Reply #13 on: December 29, 2013, 09:33:46 pm »

One thing we won't have in 2014 is an original idea in Hollywood.  A Cracked article alerts us to retreads of 4 old ideas.  I will leave it as an exercise for the reader to identify the root stories.

Peter and the Starcatchers
Pan
Peter Pan Begins

Warriors of Oz
Dorothy Must Die
Emerald City
Dorothy

Tarzan
Tarzan 3D

Hercules
Hercules: The Legend Begins

With all the starving scriptwrights like LFM floating around LA, you'd think some ideas could just be left in the archives.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: 2014
« Reply #14 on: January 01, 2014, 07:11:54 am »

Okay all you life having mother fuckers. Don't leave me alone all day and night with only Facebook to keep me company.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up