Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Did you know...
That Word Front, the kind host of TOUAMB.com, offers high quality t-shirts for sale?

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: January 3, 2014 "LOST SCRAMBLES"  (Read 7723 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

jsv

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 11
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12
    • View Profile
January 3, 2014 "LOST SCRAMBLES"
« on: January 03, 2014, 01:30:26 pm »

Damn it feels good waking up in Eastern Europe Australia, every single fuck*ng day of the year.

http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=01032014
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: January 3, 2014 "LOST SCRAMBLES"
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2014, 01:49:36 pm »

OK, I'm gonna be honest here, this story line.. I was wishing so hard for new strips and now I'm thinking "Be careful what you wish for..."
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

jsv

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 11
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12
    • View Profile
Re: January 3, 2014 "LOST SCRAMBLES"
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2014, 02:46:24 pm »

"Be careful what you wish for..."

This happens to be a song by a band I quite enjoy. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_Vt43hHQw0
I swear it's not an Eastern Europe's Australia's Most Tortured Animal Home Video of a squirrel's head exploding
Logged

jsv

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 11
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12
    • View Profile
Re: January 3, 2014 "LOST SCRAMBLES"
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2014, 03:02:21 pm »

Also, are the Honda Criollo and that Polly's drinking Lancers indicative of her socioeconomic stratum?
Logged

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: January 3, 2014 "LOST SCRAMBLES"
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2014, 03:14:31 pm »

the correct title is obviously "one of those soft-focus Russ Meyer steam-baths"

achewood no longer feels like a momentary diversion yada yada; it has become a confessional and the audience onstad's priest. he's using his primary surrogate to explore his own past (naturally) and i hope it neither bogs nor relapses into silence.

the car looks like a mid- to late-80s accord, but i've never heard of any honda called a criollo.
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: January 3, 2014 "LOST SCRAMBLES"
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2014, 03:15:52 pm »

So, d'ya think Teodor is going to Teodor this up or is he going to make it with Penny?
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: January 3, 2014 "LOST SCRAMBLES"
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2014, 03:17:01 pm »

achewood no longer feels like a momentary diversion yada yada; it has become a confessional and the audience onstad's priest. he's using his primary surrogate to explore his own past (naturally) and i hope it neither bogs nor relapses into silence.

So is Penny OnStar's first wife?
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

dejavroom

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 165
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1362
  • confused and angry
    • View Profile
Re: January 3, 2014 "LOST SCRAMBLES"
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2014, 03:21:11 pm »

Téodor is not much of a together dude, is he? But who knows. If everything else fails, mexican magic realism!
Logged
The absurdity is veiled by the poetic charm with which the poet invests it.

ianmalcolm2

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 129
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 206
  • the persian inversion
    • View Profile
Re: January 3, 2014 "LOST SCRAMBLES"
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2014, 03:36:51 pm »

Remember that really awful 'culinary tour' thing that Onstad did for Saveur a couple months ago? Remember how it was riddled with laboured references to the new post-divorce romantic interest he brought along for the ride?

I'm cold not likin' these new strips. It's like I've grown up and moved away after college, and I go to the grocery store in my new city and see the guy who used to be the life of the party, the one who would chug two Leffes at the same time while doing imitations. And I know he's not doing well because he's looking at his feet and telling me really frantic jokes where the punchline is always 'I have a new girlfriend'.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2014, 04:03:03 pm by ianmalcolm2 »
Logged
Nothing else I could say would make more sense given what I own and what I am doing at this moment.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: January 3, 2014 "LOST SCRAMBLES"
« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2014, 03:41:33 pm »

It's possible that I agree with you, but I am still in a state of denial about it. You know, my role here has always been the hopeful one.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

ianmalcolm2

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 129
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 206
  • the persian inversion
    • View Profile
Re: January 3, 2014 "LOST SCRAMBLES"
« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2014, 04:04:36 pm »

We need more hopeful ones. If only because "I'm the one who goes on the computer and rips on the work of the guy who makes the thing I used to like while giving nothing of lasting interest back to the world of entertainment" sounds suspiciously like "I'm the dude who sucks."
Logged
Nothing else I could say would make more sense given what I own and what I am doing at this moment.

dejavroom

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 165
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1362
  • confused and angry
    • View Profile
Re: January 3, 2014 "LOST SCRAMBLES"
« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2014, 04:55:14 pm »

Now I'm all pumped up to see Scrambles making its comeback (he was so polite), but of course yes.
Logged
The absurdity is veiled by the poetic charm with which the poet invests it.

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: January 3, 2014 "LOST SCRAMBLES"
« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2014, 04:56:39 pm »

ASH HIS NAME IS SCRAMBLES AND HE IS LOST HOW SOON YOU FORG- oh right that strip is twelve years old
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: January 3, 2014 "LOST SCRAMBLES"
« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2014, 04:59:32 pm »

I liked this arc at first, but now I'm afraid Penny is going to turn into a Manic Pixie Dream Girl, and Teodor is going to be such a sad sack as to make us wonder what the hell she sees in him. Honestly, I'd like to see the dude just be himself and get along with someone without it being excessively weird.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

colmore

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 56
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 379
  • Sorry Mom, Sorry Dad, Sorry College
    • View Profile
Re: January 3, 2014 "LOST SCRAMBLES"
« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2014, 02:05:08 am »

So is that the conclusion, that O is airing his problems to the audience-shrink?  Did he go to rehab for 2 years?

"The baby calls a new man father now."
Logged
In Capitalist America, bank robs you!
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up