Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Listen, I've been duped by "English-speaking" pizza places before.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: All I Have to Do is Dream  (Read 1517 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
All I Have to Do is Dream
« on: January 04, 2014, 04:47:14 pm »

Phil Everly is Dead

He was one half of the greatest singing duo in the history of recorded music. Those Kentucky boys sure can sing.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Victoria Waterfield

  • Molly
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 336
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 739
  • FUCK YOU, MIKE!
    • View Profile
Re: All I Have to Do is Dream
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2014, 05:24:48 pm »

Very sad. A lot of people aren't aware that the Everlys recorded some pretty out there songs in the 60s.
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: All I Have to Do is Dream
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2014, 08:46:50 pm »

I have not delved very deep into the Everly catalog, but When Will I Be Loved and Bye Bye Love are two of the most perfect, beautiful pop songs I have ever heard. Those voices!
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: All I Have to Do is Dream
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2014, 03:24:46 pm »

Quote from: Paul McCartney
Phil Everly was one of my great heroes. With his brother Don, they were one of the major influences on The Beatles. When John and I first started to write songs, I was Phil and he was Don.

Years later when I finally met Phil, I was completely starstruck and at the same time extremely impressed by his humility and gentleness of soul.

I will always love him for giving me some of the sweetest musical memories of my life.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.
Pages: [1]   Go Up