One of the coolest things ever was seeing him leading the crowd in song at the Lincoln Memorial when Pres. Obama was elected. Unfortunately no one knew any of the words. Which made me feel like we had all failed his dream for us.
Reading this again... Maybe he lead a lot of songs for a lot of people that didn't know the words and then didn't know how to handle leading a crowd that knew the words? It was just one of the two shows that stick out to me as like, oh that was miserable because of the way that performer treated the crowd. I like it when musicians are assholes too, this was just a different, less cool asshole-ness. (The other show was that flaming lips show- coyne was too nice, that is what I hated. I've also seen Isaac Brock accidentally slice his arm open, curse at us then end the show and loved it, so yeah, down w assholes.)
Anyways, if I ever get famous I hope I die young. Woodsy Guthrie never had people talking shit about him because of some shit he did in his late 80s. Also, sorry to talk shit about Seeger, it is just what I immediately thought of.