Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Did you know...
that there is no way to put a picture of a pug in the News Box?

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Happy birthday, wombat!  (Read 12001 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Happy birthday, wombat!
« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2004, 09:54:23 pm »

Quote from: "AugustWest"


IMPOSSIBLE!  You're too fresh-faced, innocent and beautiful to be older than me!



Ah.  I have never been so grateful for the Internet.  (Being old enough to remember before there was one, of course...)

Edit: Upon consideration it occurs to me that my offer to duke it out with Paul would probably more realistically involve my biting him on the ankles.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Happy birthday, wombat!
« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2004, 09:59:45 pm »

Quote from: "jldunston"
Happy Birthday tooo yooo
Happy Birthday tooo yoooo
Happy Birthday dear Wommm-baaaaat...(Wombat)
Happy Birrrrth-daaaaay

toooooo

yooooooooooooooo!  

(And many more...)


Great, now we have to pay the royalties.
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Happy birthday, wombat!
« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2004, 10:10:57 pm »

Actually, that post is coming off of the server in Taiwan, where they don't really care about violating US copyright law.

And besides, the melody was completely different than those sisters' song.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Happy birthday, wombat!
« Reply #18 on: January 21, 2004, 03:42:29 am »

Quote from: "Jough"
How many whacks on the behind are we to throw you today?


Quote from: "wombat"
I will only admit that polling showed me to be the oldest living poster on the Wigu messageboard. Since nearly everyone there is about 20, that isn't giving away much.


Quote from: "AugustWest"
I would be concerned about winning the title on this board, but I think Paul has me beat. Ha Ha.


Quote from: "wombat"
Actually I think I am also slightly your senior, August, so Paul and I will have to duke it out while you go sit at the kids' table.
Upon consideration it occurs to me that my offer to duke it out with Paul would probably more realistically involve my biting him on the ankles..


All I can say to all that is Yikes!  What a revoltin' development.  What started with a playful offer to put some color in Wombat's fanny ends up with me getting bitten on the ankle.

I just had a birthday last week, where is my love?  I want a worlds oldest Achewood fan graphic made in my honor.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Happy birthday, wombat!
« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2004, 04:16:26 am »

Quote from: "pmcd9"

I just had a birthday last week, where is my love?  I want a worlds oldest Achewood fan graphic made in my honor.

~Paul


Happy Birthday, Beyotch.  Had we known we probably might have said something, maybe.

In any case, I present to you:

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Happy birthday, wombat!
« Reply #20 on: January 21, 2004, 04:19:55 am »

Sniff, I don't know what to say.  It's beautiful.  Thank you.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

AlohaDawg

  • Moderator
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Happy birthday, wombat!
« Reply #21 on: January 21, 2004, 05:23:35 am »

That is kind of excellent, actually.
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Happy birthday, wombat!
« Reply #22 on: January 21, 2004, 06:20:45 am »

Yes, that is my signature, and no, you may not use it for evil.  Thank you.

V-Adore

  • Guest
Happy birthday, wombat!
« Reply #23 on: January 21, 2004, 07:54:18 am »

Quote from: "jough"
Yes, that is my signature, and no, you may not use it for evil.  Thank you.

With all due respect, Jough, I am sadly disappointed at its absolute legibility. I mean, that is almost -- almost! -- regular D'nealian, right there! My mother* writes cursive like that!

I feel obliged to make my signature somehow more soul-suckingly illegible just to cancel out Jough's.

Anyway, happy birthday to folks. Whee!

* My mother teaches first grade. Thus, she has damn fine penmanship, mostly to serve as an example.
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Happy birthday, wombat!
« Reply #24 on: January 21, 2004, 01:45:00 pm »

Not D'nealian! It all leans the wrong way and is tearing kids away just when they're starting to actuall print their letters forward. I say we stop this madness and eliminate cursive writing completely.
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Happy birthday, wombat!
« Reply #25 on: January 21, 2004, 03:17:36 pm »

Hang on - I hate to break this to you, Paul, but I might have to ankle-bite that certificate away from you.  Was '79 your senior year in high school, or college?

Wait a minute. Maybe I don't want to know the answer to this question.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Happy birthday, wombat!
« Reply #26 on: January 21, 2004, 03:49:20 pm »

Quote from: "wombat"
Hang on - I hate to break this to you, Paul, but I might have to ankle-bite that certificate away from you.  Was '79 your senior year in high school, or college?


Oh dear, I... I...


 :(


I'm not giving back my certificate.

~Paul <---Class of '80 Aldine High School, Houston Texas
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Happy birthday, wombat!
« Reply #27 on: January 21, 2004, 04:12:21 pm »

Sheesh. What's with all the secrecy. It's not like we're going to see how old people are and go "Ah, see you look older" or anything. It makes little to no difference really.
Well, I guess we could look at you, Paul and say that, but given you was class of '80 you look about the age I'd have expected. Possibly looks a bit younger, but only because of your playful exuberance!
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Happy birthday, wombat!
« Reply #28 on: January 21, 2004, 04:21:37 pm »

I thought wombat was our* age . . .


*JL and me
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Happy birthday, wombat!
« Reply #29 on: January 21, 2004, 07:33:20 pm »

Quote from: "CortJstr"
I thought wombat was our* age . . .


*JL and me


I want to say something like "I'm just really immature" but that doesn't sound as insulting to you guys.  Insert your own revision of that sentence here.

Does this mean you don't love me anymore?

I think Paul and I would have to get down to exact birthdays to figure this out.  And now my envy of his certificate is outweighed by second thoughts about whether I should have let this remain unknown.  So he gets to keep it and his ankles intact.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up