Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

"Okay, Okay, enough of all that. New strip Wednesday afternoon. "  See, we shoulda took bets.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Jan 31 2014 - I'm an owl jumper-cabled to a car battery  (Read 11263 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

colmore

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 56
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 379
  • Sorry Mom, Sorry Dad, Sorry College
    • View Profile
Logged
In Capitalist America, bank robs you!

dejavroom

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 165
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1362
  • confused and angry
    • View Profile
Re: Jan 31 2014 - I'm an owl jumper-cabled to a car battery
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2014, 02:30:09 pm »

I missed Pat. But fuck me if I can make sense of anything that happened.
Logged
The absurdity is veiled by the poetic charm with which the poet invests it.

colmore

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 56
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 379
  • Sorry Mom, Sorry Dad, Sorry College
    • View Profile
Re: Jan 31 2014 - I'm an owl jumper-cabled to a car battery
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2014, 02:32:36 pm »

I think he took their potato, put it in an empty fiber supplement bag, smashed it and then ran off?  Which seems like it wouldn't get in the way of turning that potato into hash browns.
Logged
In Capitalist America, bank robs you!

Turbo Ninja

  • A Tall Glass of Tuaca
  • Mr. Bear (Cornelius)
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 125
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 689
    • View Profile
Re: Jan 31 2014 - I'm an owl jumper-cabled to a car battery
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2014, 03:17:26 pm »

Laffing out loud at Pat running in, fuck*ng up their hash-brown plans in the name of a purer planet, and running out again without really explaining himself.  That guy has URGENCY.
Logged

colmore

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 56
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 379
  • Sorry Mom, Sorry Dad, Sorry College
    • View Profile
Re: Jan 31 2014 - I'm an owl jumper-cabled to a car battery
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2014, 03:20:21 pm »

It's funny because he's not even really providing an ethical justification for what he's doing, their potato is just insufficiently Whole Foods snobby.
Logged
In Capitalist America, bank robs you!

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Jan 31 2014 - I'm an owl jumper-cabled to a car battery
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2014, 03:24:37 pm »

their potato is just insufficiently Whole Foods snobby.

The bureaucratic acronyms of the International Potato Standards, the global potato initiative and the crunchy granola names of the approved potato farms are all dead on.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Jan 31 2014 - I'm an owl jumper-cabled to a car battery
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2014, 03:35:32 pm »

Teodor still hasn't put a shirt on.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

ianmalcolm2

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 129
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 206
  • the persian inversion
    • View Profile
Re: Jan 31 2014 - I'm an owl jumper-cabled to a car battery
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2014, 03:40:47 pm »

I was with deja on this one —— all I could think was that "Pat's activities are so poorly conveyed".

Also why would eating the smashed potato in the fibre bag make their bowel movements different? Maybe I should just accept that the whole thing was a build to a good U2 joke.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2014, 04:56:53 pm by ianmalcolm2 »
Logged
Nothing else I could say would make more sense given what I own and what I am doing at this moment.

smick

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1351
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1437
  • MasturBot 342: ONLINE
    • View Profile
Re: Jan 31 2014 - I'm an owl jumper-cabled to a car battery
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2014, 04:47:03 pm »

I woke up this morning and decided to dress for comfort.   

I pulled on a t-shirt that says "1978 VOLVO 244GLE OF DESPAIR" from the bottom of my dresser.   The lettering and image on the front is cracked and faded.   The underarms have Mitchum Cookies baked into them.

A distant acquaintance posted a picture on Facebook of a unicorn with a big middle-finger-mother-fuckyou for a head with the text "Fuck Your Friday".

The signs... the portends, they all pointed to this moment, like monks scribbling cryptic poetry about futures for which they could have no reckoning.

I feel like I'm waking up from a long nap and my eyes are eyeboogered shut.



IT'S STILL FUCK YOU FRIDAY!   I'M NOT TOO LATE!  BOY!  BOY!

RUN TO THE MARKET, AND BUY THE LARGEST TINY CANS OF DR PEPPER. 

The ones in the Mr. Floint's window?  The ones that are as big as me?!

YES, YES, BOY!  THOSE!   HERE'S A SHILLING AND TWO CROWNS!  NOW BE QUICK WITH YE!

FUCK YOU FRIDAY!  EVERYONE OF US!
Logged

spinn

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 29
    • View Profile
    • Scribs
Re: Jan 31 2014 - I'm an owl jumper-cabled to a car battery
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2014, 04:49:29 pm »

Also why would eating the smashed potato in the fibre bag make their bowel movements different? Maybe I should just set up that the whole thing was a build to a good U2 joke.

Yeah, was trying to work this out with friends on FB and remembered there's a forum. Came over here someone would have answers, but sadly...

Well, what I didn't know is that chia is currently a trendy health food thing, not just a novelty hair growing plant. So presumably what Teodor is holding at the end is Pat's own chia mix, and to be fair, the bag in panel 10 does not look like it contains a smooshed potato.

But the whole sequence of events seems like Pat's taking the potato, smooshing it, putting his own label on it, and running away after leaving it on the floor. So I don't get it either.
Logged
Jack Pendley's av1d - now on set 4  <-- oh man this is a link to a web site that died like three years ago

spinn

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 29
    • View Profile
    • Scribs
Re: Jan 31 2014 - I'm an owl jumper-cabled to a car battery
« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2014, 04:58:28 pm »

Actually I'm just going to go with this -- if the bag in panel 5 already had a gray blob in it, representing Pat's own chia mix that is ready to be ground into a smooshed potato, then everything would make sense here. I'm just gonna call it an oversight on Onstad's part and continue on with my life.
Logged
Jack Pendley's av1d - now on set 4  <-- oh man this is a link to a web site that died like three years ago

edraid

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 2
    • View Profile
Re: Jan 31 2014 - I'm an owl jumper-cabled to a car battery
« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2014, 05:10:45 pm »

But the bag offers reward for returning it, so I'm thinking it's something along the lines of a 'recycling' concept.

This whole new storyline has been too much concentrated Onstad.  Gotta dilute this shiz.
Logged

dejavroom

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 165
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1362
  • confused and angry
    • View Profile
Re: Jan 31 2014 - I'm an owl jumper-cabled to a car battery
« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2014, 05:11:58 pm »

Fuck this thing, I didn't even know what was a hash brown 'till this strip came along (I'm not from "these parts", new guys).

Also this 1-strip-a-week thing is really not scratching my itch (I know, I know, let me vent).
Logged
The absurdity is veiled by the poetic charm with which the poet invests it.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Jan 31 2014 - I'm an owl jumper-cabled to a car battery
« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2014, 05:15:11 pm »

My take on it is that there are two different bags.  Pat quarantined the standard russet in some sort of artisinal organic HazMat bag and replaced it with his bag o'disappointment.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

edraid

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 2
    • View Profile
Re: Jan 31 2014 - I'm an owl jumper-cabled to a car battery
« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2014, 05:25:06 pm »

Also, stapling tater bellies to their sides.  I don't understand.  Literally.  not critically.  Literally, like I am dumb.  Those words do not form an image in my head.
Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up