Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood I haven't had a haircut since July. I'm hoping to, "wait it out."

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Jan 31 2014 - I'm an owl jumper-cabled to a car battery  (Read 11278 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Jan 31 2014 - I'm an owl jumper-cabled to a car battery
« Reply #30 on: February 03, 2014, 05:25:35 am »

Use a tiny can of Dr Pepper for your next tonic.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

dejavroom

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 165
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1362
  • confused and angry
    • View Profile
Re: Jan 31 2014 - I'm an owl jumper-cabled to a car battery
« Reply #31 on: February 03, 2014, 11:13:28 am »

I have unfollowed 90% of my Facebook feed, which means Facebook to me now feels like a ghost town, almost nothing ever happens, which means I spent less and less time on Facebook, which is a very good thing. Positive reinforcement, yo.
Logged
The absurdity is veiled by the poetic charm with which the poet invests it.

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Jan 31 2014 - I'm an owl jumper-cabled to a car battery
« Reply #32 on: February 03, 2014, 01:11:24 pm »

I talk a lot of shit about how the internet is shitty and a waste of time...but the sites I frequent I check constantly (not constantly) (also- this one, joe posnanski's blog sunny ali's twitter and instragram and yo is this racist) so I have to limit my sites.  Like, if I had a facebook I would maybe do nothing else?  But I just play it off like, oh, I don't facebook.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Jan 31 2014 - I'm an owl jumper-cabled to a car battery
« Reply #33 on: February 03, 2014, 02:41:55 pm »

I'm going back to Flickr.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

colmore

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 56
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 379
  • Sorry Mom, Sorry Dad, Sorry College
    • View Profile
Re: Jan 31 2014 - I'm an owl jumper-cabled to a car battery
« Reply #34 on: February 03, 2014, 05:08:18 pm »

Cleaning up my Facebook was one of my New Years deals.  I unfriended anyone who I honestly couldn't remember from real life, took down a bunch of photos, and cleared out the backlog of friend requests.  Then I created a second account with a fake name and maximum privacy settings that is only friends with my actual friends.  I use that second account now.  The account under my real name is really just there to be an entry in the virtual phone book.  It has my phone number and address listed and viewable to friends.
Logged
In Capitalist America, bank robs you!

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Jan 31 2014 - I'm an owl jumper-cabled to a car battery
« Reply #35 on: February 03, 2014, 05:34:21 pm »

I'm going back to Flickr.
You never left it though
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Jan 31 2014 - I'm an owl jumper-cabled to a car battery
« Reply #36 on: February 03, 2014, 10:08:31 pm »

Cleaning up my Facebook was one of my New Years deals.  I unfriended anyone who I honestly couldn't remember from real life, took down a bunch of photos, and cleared out the backlog of friend requests.  Then I created a second account with a fake name and maximum privacy settings that is only friends with my actual friends.  I use that second account now.  The account under my real name is really just there to be an entry in the virtual phone book.  It has my phone number and address listed and viewable to friends.

That sounds like a very good idea.

You never left it though

No, but I have neglected the social aspects of it for the last couple of years.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Ben-San

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 164
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1259
  • Two-Fisted Detective
    • View Profile
Re: Jan 31 2014 - I'm an owl jumper-cabled to a car battery
« Reply #37 on: February 04, 2014, 12:00:16 am »

I feel like he could have left off the entire last row and it would have flowed better. Yeah, it would've lost a U2 joke, but there'll be other chances.
Logged

jsv

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 11
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12
    • View Profile
Re: Jan 31 2014 - I'm an owl jumper-cabled to a car battery
« Reply #38 on: February 04, 2014, 11:10:24 am »

I feel like he could have left off the entire last row and it would have flowed better. Yeah, it would've lost a U2 joke, but there'll be other chances.

Is anyone an electrical engineer here? I need to know if an owl jumper-cabled to a car battery would cook on the inside or just fry on the surface a little because of 'skin effect'. How would you make it do the one or the other?

Thanks xoxox
Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Jan 31 2014 - I'm an owl jumper-cabled to a car battery
« Reply #39 on: February 04, 2014, 05:11:29 pm »

Wait, what is an owl jumper anyway? The only thing that comes to mind is a sweater with an owl on it.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Jan 31 2014 - I'm an owl jumper-cabled to a car battery
« Reply #40 on: February 04, 2014, 07:02:29 pm »

Particularly if worn by a well endowed female jogging in place.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

jsv

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 11
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12
    • View Profile
Re: Jan 31 2014 - I'm an owl jumper-cabled to a car battery
« Reply #41 on: February 05, 2014, 03:14:05 pm »

Particularly when they've spent most of their endowment on car batteries
Logged

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Jan 31 2014 - I'm an owl jumper-cabled to a car battery
« Reply #42 on: February 05, 2014, 09:47:13 pm »

I wonder if there is a widely known Method for stripping a car - assuming you're not driving it into a chop shop.  You know, something starting with whatever goodies the owner left in the cabin, then stereos and in-dash electronics...wheels...airbags...maybe ending with chrome exhaust tips or something.  Where would a battery fall in that process?
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Jan 31 2014 - I'm an owl jumper-cabled to a car battery
« Reply #43 on: February 05, 2014, 10:19:51 pm »

Holy Mother of...
Your reply prompted me to wonder how many people get killed trying to steal copper.  It was the second option on Google instant complete of "deaths from stea..." and the the Image search results were as macabre as one could imagine.  I would hazard that some reference to meth comes up in a large proportion of those investigations.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

ianmalcolm2

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 129
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 206
  • the persian inversion
    • View Profile
Re: Jan 31 2014 - I'm an owl jumper-cabled to a car battery
« Reply #44 on: February 07, 2014, 02:08:45 pm »

Nothin new this week on account of an 'expensive' laser eye surgery on the artiste's part. I can't fault the guy but man —— I really can't see where this arc is going, and it seems he's just as blind.
Logged
Nothing else I could say would make more sense given what I own and what I am doing at this moment.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up