Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood C:\> Get on the Night Train. || You are on the Night Train. There is an Axl Rose here.

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Playlists  (Read 7572 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

V-Adore

  • Guest
Playlists
« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2004, 06:28:45 pm »

Okay! For some reason, my computer has decide that it doesn't like burning CDs comprehensibly anymore, so my mixdisc is delayed indefinitely. Nonetheless, I think I'll post the playlist (although not precisely in final order yet):

The John Benjamin Band, "What We Need More Of Is Science"
The Flaming Lips, "All We Have Is Now"
The John Benjamin Band, "Man of the Year"
Moxy Fruvous, "Sahara"
Raised By Wolves, "120 MPH"
Raised By Wolves, "Firecrackers (JBB Cover)"
R.E.M., "Daysleeper"
The Police, "Synchronicity II"
Murray Head, "One Night In Bangkok"
They Might Be Giants, "Dead"
Drew, "Shipwreck"
SMU, "Two Bucks and I'm Yours"
Octothorpe, "Watch Your Face"
The Left Banke, "Pretty Ballerina"
Thomas Dolby, "Screen Kiss"
Logged

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
Playlists
« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2004, 11:45:54 pm »

Quote from: "V-Adore"
They Might Be Giants, "Dead"


Word. up.  

For a recent asinine correspondance-English course I've been working on, we had to chose an epitaph for ourselves, and I chose a few lines from that song as mine.
Logged
goose means greedy

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Playlists
« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2004, 06:22:28 pm »

Here's the playlist for my two-disk set, which is in production as we speak.  

Disk 1
Radio Songs: Twelve songs you've heard a million times...and three you haven't.  

Booty Craze (APD)
Riders on the Storm (The Doors)
Money for Nothing (Dire Straits)
Pinball Wizard (The Who)
Whiskey in the Jar (Thin Lizzy)
Drop Dead Legs (Van Halen)
Girl's Got Rhythm (AC/DC)
Because it's Midnite (Limozeen)
You Give Love a Bad Name (Bon Jovi)
The Ocean (Led Zeppelin)
Tom Sawyer (Rush)
More than a Feeling (Boston)
Desperado (The Eagles)
Front Porch (Sci-Fi Wondercult)
Bohemian Rhapsody (Queen)

Disk 2
HerStory: Women in Rock, 1965-2004

Piece of my Heart (Janis Joplin)
Barracuda (Heart)
Heartbreaker (Pat Benetar)
I Love Rock & Roll (Joan Jett)
I Drove All Night (Cyndi Lauper)
Whole Lotta Trouble (Stevie Nicks)
As Girls Go (Suzanne Vega)
Strong Enough (Sheryl Crow)*
I Can't Be With You (The Cranberries)
I Want to Come Over (Melissa Etheridge)
Not the Doctor (Alanis Morisette)
Let's Just Get Naked (Joan Osborne)
Mother Mother (Tracy Bonham)
Platinum Blonde Life (No Doubt)
Unforgiven (Fefe Dobson)
Are You Happy Now (Michelle Branch)
Extraordinary (Liz Phair)

*Missing on three disks...um, oops?
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

V-Adore

  • Guest
Playlists
« Reply #18 on: February 03, 2004, 07:53:31 pm »

Niiice playlists, JL. I particularly like how well the Limozeen track integrates on the first disk -- it fits, utterly, even though it really should not.
Logged

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Playlists
« Reply #19 on: February 03, 2004, 08:20:28 pm »

::Takes a bow::

This is actually my second run at it.  For the original concept, I picked my 15 favorite bands and then chose my second favorite song from each of them.  That's when I realized that all my favorites are radio songs, and that I am as un-indie as you can possibly get without actually listening to Britney Spears.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

V-Adore

  • Guest
Playlists
« Reply #20 on: February 03, 2004, 08:30:01 pm »

Quote from: "jldunston"
::Takes a bow::

This is actually my second run at it.  For the original concept, I picked my 15 favorite bands and then chose my second favorite song from each of them.  That's when I realized that all my favorites are radio songs, and that I am as un-indie as you can possibly get without actually listening to Britney Spears.

I actually sort of like this general concept -- I think I may try to put together a playlist of "semi-favorite songs from favorite bands." It's an interesting challenge.
Logged

Limmo

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 40
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1166
    • View Profile
Playlists
« Reply #21 on: February 03, 2004, 08:40:52 pm »

Quote from: "V-Adore"
I actually sort of like this general concept -- I think I may try to put together a playlist of "semi-favorite songs from favorite bands." It's an interesting challenge.


Seconded.
Logged

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Playlists
« Reply #22 on: February 03, 2004, 08:45:30 pm »

Quote from: "Limmo"
Quote from: "V-Adore"
I actually sort of like this general concept -- I think I may try to put together a playlist of "semi-favorite songs from favorite bands." It's an interesting challenge.


Seconded.


And thirded.  I've wanted to make a disc of all time favorite songs, but I thought who wants a mix disc of songs we've all heard?

Me, I do.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Bozack

  • Most Melancholy of Batmen
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1651
  • stop this car, i'm getting out
    • View Profile
Playlists
« Reply #23 on: February 05, 2004, 04:05:53 am »

Okay, I'm shipping tomorrow, and it's actually a TWO-DISC now! Wow! It's the original playlist, minus "Androgynous" and plus "I Will Dare", by the Replacements, and the second disc is thus:

Shanty Town- Desmond Dekker
Sinners- Freddie & the Hitchhikers
Fairytale of New York- The Pogues
I Got it Bad (And That Ain't Good)- Nina Simone
Golden Brown- The Stranglers
Blood Red River- Beth Orton
Girls! Girls! Girls!- Liz Phair
Our Man In Bombay- The Minders
Cyclops- Guided by Voices
Poor Girl- X
Heroes (David Bowie Cover)- The Magnetic Fields
Les Os- The Unicorns
Country Leaver- The Dandy Warhols
Surfin' Dead- The Cramps
NY Snow Globe- The Rachels
Steak For Chicken- The Moldy Peaches
Sleepwalkin'- Modest penis
My Love is Killing Me- The Red Elvises
Scarecrow- James
I Found a Reason (Velvet Underground Cover)- Yo La Tengo
Zorro is Back- Oliver Onions
I Don't Blame You- Cat Power
Death Is Not The End- Nick Cave

So far, I'm sending to Andalucia, Jldunston and Pmcd9. Anybody else want in?
Logged
Hey, things are going okay now!

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
Playlists
« Reply #24 on: February 05, 2004, 04:13:56 am »

Oh my, I would that that mix were a person so I could marry it.
Logged
goose means greedy

Bozack

  • Most Melancholy of Batmen
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1651
  • stop this car, i'm getting out
    • View Profile
Playlists
« Reply #25 on: February 05, 2004, 04:18:42 am »

Quote from: "andalucia"
Oh my, I would that that mix were a person so I could marry it.

For a second, I had to diagram that sentence in my brain. But it IS a real one. And for that, the second disk shall be titled "Mr. Hal Andalucia"
Logged
Hey, things are going okay now!

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
Playlists
« Reply #26 on: February 05, 2004, 04:59:18 am »

Yeah, apparently I'm all about the needlessly archaic constructions.  As for the title, I'm flattered, nigh on giggling like the proverbial schoolgirl that I in fact am.
Logged
goose means greedy

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Playlists
« Reply #27 on: February 05, 2004, 05:05:43 am »

Quote from: "andalucia"
Yeah, apparently I'm all about the needlessly archaic constructions.  As for the title, I'm flattered, nigh on giggling like the proverbial schoolgirl that I in fact am.


I didn't realize you were a proverbial schoolgirl!  

Sorry.  I really am.  I'm in an odd mood tonight.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
Playlists
« Reply #28 on: February 05, 2004, 05:14:39 am »

Both proverbial and literal.  Yeah, it takes skill.
Logged
goose means greedy

Bozack

  • Most Melancholy of Batmen
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1651
  • stop this car, i'm getting out
    • View Profile
Playlists
« Reply #29 on: February 05, 2004, 06:34:14 am »

I'm at least on par with you. I'm a theoretical schoolboy. Meaning, yeah, theoretucally I should be in school. But....
Logged
Hey, things are going okay now!
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up