Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

What we need more of is science.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Ghost Busted  (Read 1612 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Ghost Busted
« on: February 25, 2014, 01:24:22 am »

Harold Ramis is dead. I guess I never put him on too high of a pedestal because I wasn't much of a Ghostbuster's fan, but reading his wiki it seems he either wrote or directed (or both) some of my all time favorite comedies such as Caddyshack, Animal House, Groundhog Day and Back to School. Then again he also had a hand in shit like Club Paradise and Stewart Saves his Family. I think I'll add Caddyshack and Animal House to my Netflix queue in his honor.

Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Ghost Busted
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2014, 03:02:14 am »

Ramis was an alumnus of my alma mater. He supposedly based the antics in Animal House off of happenings at WashU-- especially the part where they harass the ROTC.

I like very many of his movies.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Ghost Busted
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2014, 03:27:45 am »

Ramis was an alumnus of my alma mater. He supposedly based the antics in Animal House off of happenings at WashU-- especially the part where they harass the ROTC.

I like very many of his movies.

Beat me too it.  He was a ZBT, IIRC.  Yeah, it was astounding how many great comedies he was involved with.  And he seemed like a likable fellow.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Ghost Busted
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2014, 04:10:26 am »

I saw Animal House in the theaters when it was first released. I was 16. It may have been the first R rated movie I ever saw. I am now wondering, is the policing still shoddy at the theater on kids going in to see R rated movies. I was also 16 the first time I bought beer. I know that's hardly possible these days, but I don't know about the movie house. I'm pretty sure I even bought tickets to see Animal House and they just sold it to me, which is ludicrous because I didn't look like I was 18 even when I was 18 so I know I didn't when I was 16. Anyway, Animal House is an incredibly awesome movie that has shaped my life.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Ghost Busted
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2014, 04:44:16 am »

I had mixed luck seeing R rated movies underage. When I was at WashU everyone knew this one Chinese restaurant would serve alcohol to minors. I only went once. As soon as we walked in the door they asked "how many rum cup?" and started making these giant giraffebowl-style rum mixed drinks.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind
Pages: [1]   Go Up