Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood I had to look up how pi is derived. It has been sixteen years since the SAT, yet still, I feel very ashamed

Poll

How old are you, anyway?

20 and Under
- 3 (14.3%)
21-25
- 6 (28.6%)
26-35
- 8 (38.1%)
36-45
- 4 (19%)
46-55
- 0 (0%)
56+
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 20

Voting closed: January 21, 2004, 07:23:24 pm


Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: ...but a number  (Read 5266 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

sjlimmer

  • Illegal Ghost Bikes
  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 317
  • Insert witty remark here...
    • View Profile
...but a number
« on: January 21, 2004, 07:23:24 pm »

The age poll, part the second.  The groupings are somewhat arbitrary, although they may reveal something about my expectations.  Or not.
Logged
"That's because you're a mean drunk, and nobody loves you."

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
...but a number
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2004, 07:36:41 pm »

There're more of us old fucks than I thought.  Break out the Metamucil!
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
...but a number
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2004, 07:39:38 pm »

I didn't know "26-35" was a target market, but okay.  I'll be grouped with folks in their mid-20s. ;)

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
...but a number
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2004, 08:04:46 pm »

Holy crap we're old.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
...but a number
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2004, 08:42:24 pm »

Well, hang on.  Maybe all the young'uns on the West Coast just aren't out of bed to post yet.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

V-Adore

  • Guest
...but a number
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2004, 09:00:27 pm »

Technically, I'm none of the above, but I answered assuming, y'know, that "under 20" meant "20 and under."
Logged

sjlimmer

  • Illegal Ghost Bikes
  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 317
  • Insert witty remark here...
    • View Profile
...but a number
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2004, 09:26:46 pm »

Quote from: "V-Adore"
Technically, I'm none of the above, but I answered assuming, y'know, that "under 20" meant "20 and under."


Cut me some slack...I'm sick.

EDIT: And apparently that makes me bitchy.  Apologies.

Quote from: "jough"
I didn't know "26-35" was a target market, but okay


Well, like I said, the groupings were arbitrary, but frankly I expected more young 20-somethings, so I broke it up that way.  Looks like I am, in fact, out of touch.
Logged
"That's because you're a mean drunk, and nobody loves you."

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
...but a number
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2004, 10:08:30 pm »

Edited to say "20 and Under".

misterhaan

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 0
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 92
    • View Profile
    • http://www.track7.org/
...but a number
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2004, 10:17:18 pm »

hmm, should have voted on this half of the poll first!

i guess a lot of people are immature on the internet, or i just haven't been paying attention very well.
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
...but a number
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2004, 10:32:53 pm »

Because I have nothing better to do on my day off, here are the similar polls that were on the Wigu messageboard. I think you have to be registered there to see the results.  The short answer about the comparison:  Old Codgers Prefer Achewood.

http://www.dumbrella.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=12;t=001414

http://www.dumbrella.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=12;t=001429
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
...but a number
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2004, 10:36:14 pm »

Yes, I guess I should add my mom to the list, if we're counting Achewood readers, and not just Achewood Forum readers. She'd tip the demographic slightly, and is currently the oldest person I know who reads it.
Unless Onstad's gran did keep reading.
Not that I know her.
That would be odd.

Oh and just regarding the topic title...
I AM NOT A NUMBER!
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

V-Adore

  • Guest
...but a number
« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2004, 10:57:43 pm »

Quote from: "slink"

Oh and just regarding the topic title...
I AM NOT A NUMBER!

Don't get uppity, Number Six. That's the last thing we need right now.
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
...but a number
« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2004, 11:11:05 pm »

Quote from: "V-Adore"
Quote from: "slink"

Oh and just regarding the topic title...
I AM NOT A NUMBER!

Don't get uppity, Number Six. That's the last thing we need right now.


He's number 5.

And I though the main target demo for advertisers was men 18–35 so the poll isn't that far off.
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
...but a number
« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2004, 11:27:53 pm »

Who is Number Two?

jldunston is.  We should have known all along.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

V-Adore

  • Guest
...but a number
« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2004, 11:29:09 pm »

Quote from: "CortJstr"
Quote from: "V-Adore"
Quote from: "slink"

Oh and just regarding the topic title...
I AM NOT A NUMBER!

Don't get uppity, Number Six. That's the last thing we need right now.


He's number 5.

Well, yes, but Nabubrush isn't around, so I have to glare at somebody and demand espionage secrets, right?

Just a second, I'm gonna go get my mind-rape machines. Be back short-like.
Logged
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up