Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

What we need more of is science.

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Apr 07 2014 - A wreath of your own evisceration  (Read 10151 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Gimpson

  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 16
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 592
    • View Profile
    • http://www.gimpysoft.com
Apr 07 2014 - A wreath of your own evisceration
« on: April 08, 2014, 09:49:34 am »

http://achewood.com/index.php?date=04072014

I am staring at this comic through a foggy haze of NyQuil and desire to go back to sleep. Is this Ray or Ray's pop?
Logged

Bobby Isosceles

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 23
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 244
  • LET US MAKE FLIPPER BABIES
    • View Profile
Re: Apr 07 2014 - A wreath of your own evisceration
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2014, 10:07:11 am »

http://achewood.com/index.php?date=04072014

I am staring at this comic through a foggy haze of NyQuil and desire to go back to sleep. Is this Ray or Ray's pop?

the pop
Logged
i'm a gorilla, barbarians is my ancestors
it's part of my neurological transmitters

dejavroom

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 165
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1362
  • confused and angry
    • View Profile
Re: Apr 07 2014 - A wreath of your own evisceration
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2014, 11:28:11 am »

The senior cat controls his anger, thus effectively transferring his frustration to the reader, who would want to see skull bones being reassigned.
Logged
The absurdity is veiled by the poetic charm with which the poet invests it.

AKKOLADE

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 19
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 106
    • View Profile
Re: Apr 07 2014 - A wreath of your own evisceration
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2014, 11:52:10 am »

This upsets me. To see the Man With The Blood On His Hands actively avoid getting blood on his hands upsets me. Especially given that this is rear-ending yuppie arse-buttock is a prime example of a man who deserves to see his own blood; who needs to see his own blood, before it's too late and his personality becomes permanently replaced with a giant picture of a rectal douche.
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Apr 07 2014 - A wreath of your own evisceration
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2014, 12:38:44 pm »

I was also confused till about halfway through thinking this was Ray, and I don't have the excuse of Nyquil.

Perhaps this is because I am A Lady, but I am not upset that he did not resort to violence. I am curious to learn where this new attitude leads to and came from.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Apr 07 2014 - A wreath of your own evisceration
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2014, 03:11:19 pm »

I am delighted that his ride is an early 70's Mach 1 Mustang.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

nDed

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 34
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 292
    • View Profile
Re: Apr 07 2014 - A wreath of your own evisceration
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2014, 04:05:38 pm »

I'm imagining Ramses gritting his teeth and having neck veins like Henry Rollins in the last two panels.

This really is the age of the distracted driver. Yesterday some lady on a cell phone tried to squeeze in beside me to make a right turn at a single lane 6-way stop. Didn't even stop to check for other cars, just made her turn as soon as I started crossing.
Logged
Love never blows up and gets killed.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Apr 07 2014 - A wreath of your own evisceration
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2014, 04:18:59 pm »

This really is the age of the distracted driver.

We're really fast approaching the end of the driving era. Soon cars will drive themselves freeing us to text or whatever.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Apr 07 2014 - A wreath of your own evisceration
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2014, 04:56:47 pm »

I used to doubt this, but these days it seems more and more imminent. From what I hear from traffic engineers, this will actually be a big boon for jams which are triggered more often than not by bad driving decisions or behavior (not by accidents).
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Apr 07 2014 - A wreath of your own evisceration
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2014, 05:03:40 pm »

Once self driving cars become the norm they will likely outlaw human driven vehicles.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Apr 07 2014 - A wreath of your own evisceration
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2014, 05:27:01 pm »

I am on the fence about that. I really don't like driving, especially on highways, and would love to be able to just get in the car, say "go to work using the fastest route," and eat a sandwich. On the other hand, sometimes I enjoy driving aimlessly around town, or taking the scenic route when going to a familiar destination, and I can't imagine saying "go to Karl's house, but choose a new route." Maybe I would get over that and it would find me some cool sights to see.

I do not really understand violent anger except when I am at work. There was one day where I was on some (prescribed, not working correctly) drugs that made me so mad, and every customer seemed like they were begging to get beat. I almost asked to go home early because I felt so agitated all day. Being angry is exhausting.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

nDed

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 34
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 292
    • View Profile
Re: Apr 07 2014 - A wreath of your own evisceration
« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2014, 05:34:30 pm »

I am on the fence about that. I really don't like driving, especially on highways, and would love to be able to just get in the car, say "go to work using the fastest route," and eat a sandwich. On the other hand, sometimes I enjoy driving aimlessly around town, or taking the scenic route when going to a familiar destination, and I can't imagine saying "go to Karl's house, but choose a new route." Maybe I would get over that and it would find me some cool sights to see.

You'd probably have to undergo a strict licensing exam in order to have the manual steering column installed on your Google Autocar for use only on non-freeway traffic. Human operated cars will become a leisure/luxury item, and rich people will buy up huge tracts of land in order to build private race tracks and exclusive driving clubs.
Logged
Love never blows up and gets killed.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Apr 07 2014 - A wreath of your own evisceration
« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2014, 07:33:58 pm »

I take it back, I have no conflict here. The thought of biking down the street without worrying about someone creaming me is worth giving up free-drive days.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Apr 07 2014 - A wreath of your own evisceration
« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2014, 08:31:56 pm »

I want to hear Samuel L. Jackson read Ramses' part in this strip.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Apr 07 2014 - A wreath of your own evisceration
« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2014, 10:24:11 pm »

The rebels can drive lane splitting motorcycles.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up