Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Irish Nachos are a charming take on the original, but I wonder what Uighur Nachos would be like. A mutton leg on a crisped pita?

Poll

55 Years Later [rate this mixdisc]

1 star
- 0 (0%)
2 stars
- 0 (0%)
3 stars
- 1 (50%)
4 stars
- 1 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 2

Voting closed: January 21, 2004, 10:45:55 pm


Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 55 Years Later  (Read 1432 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
55 Years Later
« on: January 21, 2004, 10:45:55 pm »

I really like this one.  It's probably the closest in feel to my own.  I strongly considered The Silver Jews for my mix and on one early test pressing I included Poor Places from YHF.  My only complaint is that it's too short at only 10 songs, but now I see that I recieved an early pressing and the latter ones have more songs.  Fantastic mix!!!

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
55 Years Later
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2004, 03:13:23 am »

Who's the mixer?
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
55 Years Later
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2004, 03:25:09 am »

Me!  Carlos, yours is coming, I swear.  I'm in the middle of exams, and am just now taking a break from predicate nomiatives and faulty parallelism to restore sanity and whatnot.
Logged
goose means greedy

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
55 Years Later
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2004, 02:53:51 am »

I finally found my 55 Years Later disc.  Yah.  It was hiding in a Kid Rock case.  Gah.  Now I remember what I was going to say about it all those years ago.  That Sonic Youth song Snare, Girl totally quotes A Kind of Hush.  

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.
Pages: [1]   Go Up