Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood It's National Johnny Cash Raise Hell Awareness Saturday Night. Go out and Fuck Shit Up in a Way That You Believe In!

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Moving Servers - Planned Downtime evening of Monday, April 28th  (Read 16997 times)

0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Moving Servers - Planned Downtime evening of Monday, April 28th
« Reply #45 on: May 20, 2014, 04:49:18 pm »

Entirely different is less disturbing than lots of tiny differences some of which you can't quite put your finger on.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Turbo Ninja

  • A Tall Glass of Tuaca
  • Mr. Bear (Cornelius)
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 125
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 689
    • View Profile
Re: Moving Servers - Planned Downtime evening of Monday, April 28th
« Reply #46 on: May 20, 2014, 05:24:58 pm »

Entirely different is less disturbing than lots of tiny differences some of which you can't quite put your finger on.

I can put my finger on ALL of them because I'm using an iPad!  Pinch and swipe, y'all!
Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Moving Servers - Planned Downtime evening of Monday, April 28th
« Reply #47 on: May 21, 2014, 04:56:57 pm »

I hate that the logo graphic no longer links to the /index. I been clicking on Ray's face for a decade so that habit is gonna die hard.

It also doesn't fit the background color any longer.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

nDed

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 34
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 292
    • View Profile
Re: Moving Servers - Planned Downtime evening of Monday, April 28th
« Reply #48 on: May 26, 2014, 06:34:08 pm »

Here's the logo with one of those fancy transparency channels the kids are so crazy about.

« Last Edit: May 27, 2014, 03:37:07 am by pmcd9 »
Logged
Love never blows up and gets killed.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Moving Servers - Planned Downtime evening of Monday, April 28th
« Reply #49 on: May 26, 2014, 08:49:17 pm »

I can find the place where you put in the URL the logo image but I can't find a place to upload a new image. Maybe only Jough can do that.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Moving Servers - Planned Downtime evening of Monday, April 28th
« Reply #50 on: May 26, 2014, 10:15:47 pm »

You can put the image anywhere, it doesn't have to be on Jough's server. Upload it to Flickr.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Moving Servers - Planned Downtime evening of Monday, April 28th
« Reply #51 on: May 26, 2014, 10:27:12 pm »

I thought Flickr didn't let you embed images like that.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Moving Servers - Planned Downtime evening of Monday, April 28th
« Reply #52 on: May 26, 2014, 10:49:27 pm »

Then use imageshack or somesuch. There's one that doesn't require you to have an account.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Moving Servers - Planned Downtime evening of Monday, April 28th
« Reply #53 on: May 26, 2014, 11:01:38 pm »

If someone else cares enough to upload it somewhere and send me the link I will try to replace it.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Moving Servers - Planned Downtime evening of Monday, April 28th
« Reply #54 on: May 27, 2014, 12:28:34 am »

I thought Flickr didn't let you embed images like that.

I have never had a problem with it and I use flickr for that purpose frequently.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Moving Servers - Planned Downtime evening of Monday, April 28th
« Reply #55 on: May 27, 2014, 12:59:43 am »

I wonder if I could change that banner to white instead so the logo would match again.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Moving Servers - Planned Downtime evening of Monday, April 28th
« Reply #56 on: May 27, 2014, 01:02:22 am »

Ugh, no I can't. I'm not going to try modifying any stylesheets, I might take the whole place down in flames.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Moving Servers - Planned Downtime evening of Monday, April 28th
« Reply #57 on: May 27, 2014, 03:18:54 am »

LOL!
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Moving Servers - Planned Downtime evening of Monday, April 28th
« Reply #58 on: May 27, 2014, 03:38:16 am »



Here you go Wombat, slide this one in there.  The url is 'https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3669/14256834526_d20f1ff25b_o.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2014, 03:41:30 am by pmcd9 »
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Moving Servers - Planned Downtime evening of Monday, April 28th
« Reply #59 on: May 27, 2014, 03:44:46 pm »

That link gives me an error message that the photo is unavailable. When I look at your post with the edit function the link to the embedded photo, which works, is different. This isn't exactly giving me more confidence about messing with this.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up