Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Italian food is like pornography. I can’t define it, but I know when I have paid too much.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Portland Soda Works  (Read 7457 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Asherdan

  • Flavor-Flav's Blinking Tooth
  • Mod Squad
  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 678
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 188
    • View Profile
Portland Soda Works
« on: July 10, 2014, 10:13:14 pm »

« Last Edit: August 24, 2017, 08:04:11 pm by Asherdan »
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Soda Topic
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2014, 11:34:43 pm »

OK, Portland people, you gotta go find this stuff and report back.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2014, 12:00:23 am by pmcd9 »
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Portland Soda Works
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2014, 11:58:44 pm »

Starting a new topic for this because it deserves a topic of it's own.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Portland Soda Works
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2014, 01:07:37 am »

You're right. At least I hope it does and this isn't the last we hear of it.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Portland Soda Works
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2014, 04:47:10 am »

You're right. At least I hope it does and this isn't the last we hear of it.

They are in "stealth mode" so your guess is as good as mine.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Portland Soda Works
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2014, 10:25:30 pm »

I'm really grossed out by the word mouthfeel.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Portland Soda Works
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2014, 10:41:35 pm »

I could swear I remember he said on Facebook he was looking for a designer but if he didn't design that label I'll eat my hat. Oh wait - of course - he never read any of the messages from designers who were interested, like he never read my message when he asked if anyone knew an agent who'd be interested in his work.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Turbo Ninja

  • A Tall Glass of Tuaca
  • Mr. Bear (Cornelius)
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 125
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 689
    • View Profile
Re: Portland Soda Works
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2014, 08:19:17 pm »

The whole motif makes me think that I'm drinking house soda from Cartilage Head's fridge.
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Portland Soda Works
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2014, 12:03:12 pm »

I guess this is where to put this, for those of you who don't follow the man on the Facebook.

Quote
Six months ago I joined Portland-based interactive marketing agency Pop Art, Inc., and currently serve as their Senior Art Director. You see, the opportunity to work alongside my old college chum Steve Rosenbaum—one of the most principled, intelligent, and visionary businessmen I have ever met—arose, and was too good to pass up. Here at the half-year mark I can say with all confidence that I will be here indefinitely, hence my announcement.

For those who haven't tl;dr'd yet, this means I oversee the creative direction of apps, sites, strategies, and "all the rest" for both Fortune 500 and mid-sized clients. After a castabout creative career that began in advertising in the mid-90s—and has spanned Silicon Valley start-ups, cartooning, television, radio, print, merchandising, journalism, food product development, and, and, and—I've returned to the game. I'm extremely happy with this turn of events, as now that the old tresses are properly salted and peppered, people finally listen to my ideas about how, for example, their logo shouldn't be six dogs purchasing commodity fiberboard futures in a life raft.

So, that's my latest. How about you?

I owe everyone an explanation of my current thinking about the future of Achewood, but that's a different undertaking of a post entirely.
Best,
/C

(PS: "Like/follow" Pop Art and you will, with some regularity, see unusual pictures of me staged to look like a decent human being. Then come back in September when the new Pop Art website I designed launches—it's a two-knee doozy.)
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Portland Soda Works
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2014, 12:52:46 pm »

Maybe he'll start a new arc in which Ray opens an artisanal soda company and hires the entire gang. Wacky hijinks ensue.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Portland Soda Works
« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2014, 02:04:08 pm »

Sigh.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Portland Soda Works
« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2014, 02:42:12 pm »

You know, I am good with this, because no matter how stupid this may be, I was not only sad that there was no Achewood, I was sad to think that someone who had created something that meant so much to me might be having a terrible life. Looking at the company's Facebook page he seems to be having a blast, so now I only have to be sad about the thing that it makes sense for me to be sad about.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Portland Soda Works
« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2014, 07:21:43 pm »

"I guess I owe everyone an explanation of my current thinking about the future of Achewood, but fuck it.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Turbo Ninja

  • A Tall Glass of Tuaca
  • Mr. Bear (Cornelius)
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 125
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 689
    • View Profile
Re: Portland Soda Works
« Reply #13 on: July 18, 2014, 01:08:07 pm »

"I guess I owe everyone an explanation of my current thinking about the future of Achewood, but fuck it.

TOMORROW, of course.
Logged

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Portland Soda Works
« Reply #14 on: July 21, 2014, 08:59:28 pm »

TOMORROW, of course.
He'll write a couple paragraphs, then post before a conclusion is reached.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up