Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

"Artists need to make money to eat and to continue to make art. Artists used to rely on middlemen to collect their money on their behalf, thereby rendering themselves innocent of cash-handling in the public eye. Artists will now be coming straight to you (yes YOU, you who want their music, their films, their books) for their paychecks. Please welcome them. Please help them. Please do not make them feel badly about asking you directly for money.” -Amanda Palmer

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down

Author Topic: Bojack Hossman  (Read 22512 times)

0 Members and 9 Guests are viewing this topic.

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Bojack Hossman
« Reply #60 on: October 07, 2018, 05:34:02 am »

Yeah, exactly. There's actually a YouTube video that attempts to calculate what Bojack's worth. It was interesting, but it didn't have much to say about syndication and residuals (which I certainly don't know how those work), so it's hard to say it it was at all accurate.

I didn't think about residuals.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Bojack Hossman
« Reply #61 on: October 19, 2018, 12:30:29 pm »

Yeah, there's something to be said for spacing 13 episodes out over a few months rather than a week.

Excellent season though.  Huge lump in my throat at the end.  Something about how the absurd comedy and silly animals takes the edge off the all too sharp drama.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Bojack Hossman
« Reply #62 on: October 31, 2018, 12:54:20 pm »

Not surprised.
https://www.engadget.com/2018/10/30/netflix-renews-bojack-hossman-for-season-6/

(and of course the URL is wrong, thanks wacky filters)
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Bojack Hossman
« Reply #63 on: November 02, 2018, 10:07:43 pm »

Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Bojack Hossman
« Reply #64 on: November 02, 2018, 10:08:52 pm »

Now to wait another year!

Could be worse, it could be Rick and Morty and you'd be waiting upwards of 2 years.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: Bojack Hossman
« Reply #65 on: June 07, 2021, 08:08:38 am »

I still haven't finished it. I think I was afraid to watch the last season because I didn't want it to end. I might start over.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up