Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Did you know...
that someone should really go fix up the Achewood Wiki, the Achewiki, which could serve as a knowledge base for all things Achewood?

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Holiday Luncheons  (Read 2473 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Asherdan

  • Flavor-Flav's Blinking Tooth
  • Mod Squad
  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 678
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 188
    • View Profile
Holiday Luncheons
« on: November 20, 2014, 11:04:08 pm »

'
« Last Edit: August 24, 2017, 08:03:38 pm by Asherdan »
Logged

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Holiday Luncheons
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2014, 02:56:05 pm »

My office doesn't do too much of that. There will be one holiday potluck next month. For a one-shot deal I just write it off as "too much food" for one day. It happens.

When I worked at a government agency, around the holidays seemingly every day someone brought in cookies or other treats and put them in the office kitchen. When I went to the private sector, the first time I brought in cookies in December, people were like "What are these for?"
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Holiday Luncheons
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2014, 05:25:28 pm »

I wish I had an office party. Maybe I'll buy me and the pugs some bagels.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Holiday Luncheons
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2014, 07:45:37 am »

I want to a Thanksgiving party today and it was awesome. It was my skater friends and I had a great time. I ate too much, but confined myself to one plate. I kinda got lucky because a friend, who has a super interesting job running a video production company was telling me all about his work. I didn't want to seem uninterested by just diving into the huge plate of vittles so I just picked at it while he was talking to me. Also I had lots of questions so I didn't want to have my mouth full. When he finally was finished, but by that time my stomach had already relayed the signal to my brain and so I was super full by the time I finished the plate. There was so much dessert, but I was only able to eat a little bit of it. I shamefully threw away an almost full plate of delicious delicacies that my eyes told me I wanted, but the stomach said hell no. Later I had frozen yogurt.

These are my street skater friends who bar hop a couple of times a week on skates so they are all super fit, good looking people. i don't know why they are friends with me. :)

Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Holiday Luncheons
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2014, 06:06:39 pm »

Because you are a dude of quality?
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Holiday Luncheons
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2014, 12:46:11 am »

Pictures. My guess is bitchin' pictures.

Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Holiday Luncheons
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2014, 05:47:44 pm »

Those are indeed attractive people.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Holiday Luncheons
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2014, 08:12:16 pm »

The eggs don't look half bad either.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc
Pages: [1]   Go Up