Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

RT@achewood Would The Pet Shop Boys be nice to have over for Thanksgiving, or would they be a pain in the ass? It's really hard to tell.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How do these guys always find me? 22/01  (Read 2989 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
How do these guys always find me? 22/01
« on: January 22, 2004, 01:56:00 pm »

I'm really digging this little plotline.
I'm actually ok with the Roomba lineup only lasting a couple of strips, to have this, which I would be fine with lasting only two strips. It doesn't need to continue, though, that is not to say I will object if it does!
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

Limmo

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 40
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1166
    • View Profile
How do these guys always find me? 22/01
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2004, 04:12:33 pm »

Wow.  That was a fast turnaround on that character.
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
How do these guys always find me? 22/01
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2004, 04:25:56 pm »

I thought he was a bass *worthy* of our attention?  That bass needs to be fileted, covered in egg and flour, and deep fried in canola oil, served with a dressing of mayonaise and dill.

With a side of asparagus.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
How do these guys always find me? 22/01
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2004, 06:38:36 pm »

He must be one of those dastardly Canadian bass. If KitH have taught us nothing else it's that they're a sneaky lot.
Logged

V-Adore

  • Guest
How do these guys always find me? 22/01
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2004, 06:46:18 pm »

I feel sorry for Beef. He really does have a tendency to attract the self-absorbed, the "complainers," the people who use him in a quasi-codependent manner...

And then he doesn't get rid of them. I have a feeling Barry's not going anywhere, because the one thing Beef is entirely unable to do is ditch a "friend," however complain-y that friend may be.
Logged

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
How do these guys always find me? 22/01
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2004, 07:11:42 pm »

Quote from: "V-Adore"
I feel sorry for Beef. He really does have a tendency to attract the self-absorbed, the "complainers," the people who use him in a quasi-codependent manner...


Yet another reason why I identify with him so much!
Bleahrg.

Although to say that I have escaped this sydrome somewhat of late, which is nice.
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

ferocious j

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: -1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 231
    • View Profile
    • http://automatedredemption.com/flavorcountry/
How do these guys always find me? 22/01
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2004, 07:12:11 pm »

Quote from: "V-Adore"
And then he doesn't get rid of them. I have a feeling Barry's not going anywhere, because the one thing Beef is entirely unable to do is ditch a "friend," however complain-y that friend may be.

But what happens if Ray does it for him?  Would Beef resent him, or be thankful (while also being secretly guilty)?
Logged
I step to the mic like a Jedi knight
I'm all "off with your head" with my neon light

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
How do these guys always find me? 22/01
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2004, 07:12:20 pm »

That Ray and Beef are still friends is a testament to Beef's infinite patience.

V-Adore

  • Guest
How do these guys always find me? 22/01
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2004, 08:00:39 pm »

Quote from: "ferocious j"
Quote from: "V-Adore"
And then he doesn't get rid of them. I have a feeling Barry's not going anywhere, because the one thing Beef is entirely unable to do is ditch a "friend," however complain-y that friend may be.

But what happens if Ray does it for him?  Would Beef resent him, or be thankful (while also being secretly guilty)?

I suspect the latter. Besides, I'm not sure if Beef is truly capable of resenting Ray anymore; even though he's got so much fertile ground for resentment, I'm sure he's internalized it so much at this point that he no longer consciously experiences the emotions of resentment.

(EDIT: I suspect someone will find a strip to quote that will prove me wrong.)
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
How do these guys always find me? 22/01
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2004, 08:03:51 pm »

If Ray started listening to the Cure I think that would finally ruin their relationship.
Logged

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
How do these guys always find me? 22/01
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2004, 10:22:24 pm »

Quote from: "V-Adore"

(EDIT: I suspect someone will find a strip to quote that will prove me wrong.)


Again, just makes me think of the unused ending to the Cheers strip in which Beef turns to Ray and just says "Fuck you, Ray".
Though it would be minus comma, it being Beef.
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

starlight

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 323
    • View Profile
    • http://www.livejournal.com/~aekastar
How do these guys always find me? 22/01
« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2004, 10:30:05 pm »

Yeah, I, too, feel bad for Beef (I tend to be the nice sort who never abandons anyone which can be quite an issue sometimes...), but still wouldn't want Barry to be eaten ...meh.
Logged
Texas only kept me awake

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
How do these guys always find me? 22/01
« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2004, 04:45:50 am »

There's an unused ending to the cheers strip?

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
How do these guys always find me? 22/01
« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2004, 05:52:02 am »

Quote from: "jough"
There's an unused ending to the cheers strip?


It's in the bonus section of Book 2.
Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up