Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

"Artists need to make money to eat and to continue to make art. Artists used to rely on middlemen to collect their money on their behalf, thereby rendering themselves innocent of cash-handling in the public eye. Artists will now be coming straight to you (yes YOU, you who want their music, their films, their books) for their paychecks. Please welcome them. Please help them. Please do not make them feel badly about asking you directly for money.” -Amanda Palmer

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: I am ART!  (Read 2213 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
I am ART!
« on: January 22, 2015, 02:00:15 am »

So anyway, this is happening.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: I am ART!
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2015, 12:59:40 am »

Papier MâcRaé?
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: I am ART!
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2015, 01:23:29 am »

Papier MâcRaé?

Ha, I like that, but no. It's latex.

It was originally carved out of clay. then she makes a mold out of plaster, then pours latex in the mold. After all of that she air brushes and paints the piece. It's destined for her artcar. I am one of six heads that will be fastened to the car in various ways. I think we will be emerging from from a wild winged one eyed creature that has presumably consumed us in some way. I was of course a particularly tasty treat. She's begun work on the car, but hasn't attached the faces yet.

« Last Edit: January 23, 2015, 01:31:22 am by pmcd9 »
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: I am ART!
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2015, 02:17:51 am »

That is terrifying.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: I am ART!
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2015, 04:56:01 am »

Here's the original clay carving.


Here's an artist rendering of the car.


Here's last year's version of the car.


And here's the artist.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: I am ART!
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2015, 06:36:14 pm »

That is terrifying.
I guess terrifying means Awesome where you're from. Paul is already a meme, now he's a piece of art.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: I am ART!
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2015, 11:23:39 pm »

I guess terrifying means Awesome where you're from. Paul is already a meme, now he's a piece of art.

Hear Hear!
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.
Pages: [1]   Go Up