Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

You..Are..Rad

Poll

Can I get away with it?

Yes
- 3 (75%)
I suck so bad. By "I" I mean you.
- 1 (25%)

Total Members Voted: 4

Voting closed: August 09, 2003, 05:40:08 pm


Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: So if Onstead's not hosting this...  (Read 4761 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Stoopd Hed

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3
    • View Profile
So if Onstead's not hosting this...
« on: August 04, 2003, 05:40:08 pm »

Can we take some jabs at him without him just bannin' us? If so, then I was talkin' to habits the other day, and decided that, having never seen onstead, I'm sure that his face would be in a constant sneer that said "I dont like things." What things you ask? just things. Dont ask questions, just accept it. Anyways, can we get away with things like that now? and a sidenote, I found this message board on hotbot i think, so its at least up there as of 1.39 pm aug. 4th.
Logged
"Evan-

What about the 2001 bill?"

-E. Rynda

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
So if Onstead's not hosting this...
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2003, 05:58:22 pm »

Welcome Chris Onstad!

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
So if Onstead's not hosting this...
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2003, 06:29:32 pm »

Onstad has nothing to do with this board except that we talk about him.  It's the InterWeb equivalent of two girls going into the ladies' room on a double date.  

You won't get banned for talking bad about Onstad or Achewood.  

You will get banned for being an idiot.  

CONSIDER YOURSELF INFORMED
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

ferocious j

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: -1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 231
    • View Profile
    • http://automatedredemption.com/flavorcountry/
So if Onstead's not hosting this...
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2003, 07:52:13 pm »

This is why I said jldunston should've been a mod on the original Achewood board in the first place.
Logged
I step to the mic like a Jedi knight
I'm all "off with your head" with my neon light

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
So if Onstead's not hosting this...
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2003, 08:11:02 pm »

Damn, didn't I lock this thread?
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
So if Onstead's not hosting this...
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2003, 08:26:20 pm »

You did, but mods can unlock and post to it, unless you change the permissions so that mods can't lock threads.

Anyway, to seriously answer the original question, don't feel that you have to hold back on criticising Onstad or Achewood, but keep in mind that the creator of Achewood will likely never read your post.

Just us fans will.

So if you're going to critique the strip or the man who draws it, go right ahead.  But don't be an asshole about harrassing other people on the board about it.

It's funny, though, that there are more positive and enthusiastic posts about Achewood here than there were on the old board.

In fact, this is more like the board we'd imagine that Onstad probably really would have *liked*: a serious general discussion about Achewood, without the bullshit.

-- Jough
Pages: [1]   Go Up