Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Chris waited all day for the Comcast repair guy, and he never showed up. What is he supposed to do with this cream pie?

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: GUNG HAY FAT CHOY!  (Read 5611 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
GUNG HAY FAT CHOY!
« on: January 22, 2004, 09:35:06 pm »

Happy Chinese New Year, people.

It is the year of the monkey.

evilwombat

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 5
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 4
    • View Profile
GUNG HAY FAT CHOY!
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2004, 11:10:17 pm »

MINE ALL MINE!!!!  THE WHOLE YEAR!!!
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
GUNG HAY FAT CHOY!
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2004, 02:31:33 am »

Take your hands off my year, YOU DAMN DIRTY APE!
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

St_Zartan

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 11
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 928
    • View Profile
    • http://zer-un.199x.net
GUNG HAY FAT CHOY!
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2004, 04:05:23 am »

Can someone who knows more about this than I and does not necessarily trust the results of a half-assed Google search tell me what, as far as Chinese astrology etc is concerned, this is supposed to mean? A year of divine mischief and caprice, one would hope.

The extent of my knowledge of the Chinese Zodiac (so to speak) comes from a paper placemat in read in a restaurant when I was nine years old. I remember being extremely irritated that I had missed being a totally awesome Snake by a handful of days - and had instead ended up a goddamned hoss.

I WILL TRY HARDER
Logged

V-Adore

  • Guest
GUNG HAY FAT CHOY!
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2004, 04:27:08 am »

Quote from: "St_Zartan"

The extent of my knowledge of the Chinese Zodiac (so to speak) comes from a paper placemat in read in a restaurant when I was nine years old. I remember being extremely irritated that I had missed being a totally awesome Snake by a handful of days - and had instead ended up a goddamned hoss.

Oh, cry me a goddamn river. I was, and remain, a Pig. (Well, "Boar" on some of the more polite listings.) This really did not help as a kid, honestly.

(I first typoed "Pig" as "Pog." This feels somehow appropriate, and I am forced to wonder about the poor sap with the Pog as a totem... thing.)
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
GUNG HAY FAT CHOY!
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2004, 04:41:08 am »

I was born in the year of the Dragon.  Yeah, fuck the rest of you.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Online Online
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
GUNG HAY FAT CHOY!
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2004, 05:49:33 am »

Oh fine, Jough gets the coolest and only fictional animal while I'm stuck with the ram. Which some placemats go so far as to call a sheep. And not even the cool Super Aquatic Sheep, either!

At least my Shanghai layout is cooler than Jough's
Logged

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
GUNG HAY FAT CHOY!
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2004, 11:22:55 am »

I'm fuck*ng year of the Dog.
Bleahrg. I'm not even a dog person - I don't mind the adorable dog we have,  but I far prefer cats.
My brother got Dragon. The sonofabitch! (He being same as you Jough - the old bastards!)
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
GUNG HAY FAT CHOY!
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2004, 11:32:15 am »

I'm a Rat.  Since that's as close as you get to a capybara in the Chinese zodiac, I like it.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
GUNG HAY FAT CHOY!
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2004, 02:10:49 pm »

Snake.  It's a snaaaake.

Also, I am a Scorpio.  So I pretty much got the two coolest zodiac signs, dragon notwithstanding.

Too bad all that crap is meaningless and all...
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
GUNG HAY FAT CHOY!
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2004, 02:48:23 pm »

I'm a Rooster.
No, it's not the year of the Cock, it's the Rooster.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
GUNG HAY FAT CHOY!
« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2004, 04:35:30 pm »

Cort and I are the same age, so I'm a sheep, too.  

Baa.  Baa.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
GUNG HAY FAT CHOY!
« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2004, 05:34:00 pm »

I thought I was a tiger, but then I realized I was born before the "Chinese" new year so i'm an OX.  

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
GUNG HAY FAT CHOY!
« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2004, 06:00:17 pm »

Another dragon, reporting for duty.

This is a creative way to get the ladies to reveal their ages.

"What's your sign?"
"--Oh, please, that's the oldest line in the book."
"No, no, your Chinese sign."
"! That? Why, I'm a Rabbit! I didn't even know people other than myself kept up with that!"
"Ah. So, me being a Dog, we're meant to be together." plus I know you're 28! Ha ha ha!

TAKE THAT, SUBTLE BEEYOTCHES!
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
GUNG HAY FAT CHOY!
« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2004, 06:27:23 pm »

Yeah, I thought of that.  I mean, if you can guess someone's age within 12 years, it works like a charm.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up