Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

"Artists need to make money to eat and to continue to make art. Artists used to rely on middlemen to collect their money on their behalf, thereby rendering themselves innocent of cash-handling in the public eye. Artists will now be coming straight to you (yes YOU, you who want their music, their films, their books) for their paychecks. Please welcome them. Please help them. Please do not make them feel badly about asking you directly for money.” -Amanda Palmer

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Achewood on Facebook  (Read 2190 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Achewood on Facebook
« on: December 20, 2015, 10:43:09 pm »

Have any of you noticed there are a series of private groups on Facebook about a variety of subjects, all tied together by Achewood? I've joined at least 10 of them and there may be more. I assume most of the members are former assbar guys, but so far it seems like a pretty cool place to be. If this place ever totally bites the dust it could be a nice soft landing for us.

Let me know if you want me to post some links!
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Achewood on Facebook
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2015, 06:00:18 pm »

One of the many things to hate about Facebook is that it's basically impossible to read the entire archives of a group before posting.

I do actually post in the main group there on rare occasion and a couple of the sub groups. So I got over it. But that doesn't mean I have to like it.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Turbo Ninja

  • A Tall Glass of Tuaca
  • Mr. Bear (Cornelius)
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 125
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 689
    • View Profile
Re: Achewood on Facebook
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2015, 09:01:36 pm »

The Achewood Twitter feed has been active lately.  Lots of pimping original art (now at a discount for holiday gift giving, so maybe Ornstrand is feeling again like his work isn't worth liking), and then yesterday there was this: pic.twitter.com/55FOXKGZ3d


Keep fiddlin' with that Com-ex 5000, my good man!
Logged

Bobby Isosceles

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 23
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 244
  • LET US MAKE FLIPPER BABIES
    • View Profile
Re: Achewood on Facebook
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2015, 12:39:56 am »

I liked Onstad better when we could mercilessly mock him for being a bit of a ditherer. His art is good, his writing is better but the feeling of moral superiority over a complex man is the bestest.
Logged
i'm a gorilla, barbarians is my ancestors
it's part of my neurological transmitters

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Achewood on Facebook
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2015, 11:48:25 pm »

I do actually post in the main group

I came here to teach, but it is I who has learned. I didn't know about this main group. I had to find it.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

executioneer

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 7
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 11
    • View Profile
Re: Achewood on Facebook
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2015, 07:07:39 am »

just steer clear of the Reddit Achewood group, they're all hate crimes

(PS: Yes!  Hi!)
Logged

AKKOLADE

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 19
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 106
    • View Profile
Re: Achewood on Facebook
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2015, 04:00:00 pm »

Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up