Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

"Artists need to make money to eat and to continue to make art. Artists used to rely on middlemen to collect their money on their behalf, thereby rendering themselves innocent of cash-handling in the public eye. Artists will now be coming straight to you (yes YOU, you who want their music, their films, their books) for their paychecks. Please welcome them. Please help them. Please do not make them feel badly about asking you directly for money.” -Amanda Palmer

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 20th May 2016: Fig-Skivvied Dreamers  (Read 2254 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

AKKOLADE

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 19
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 106
    • View Profile
20th May 2016: Fig-Skivvied Dreamers
« on: May 20, 2016, 11:00:14 am »

Beef vs the Feels Industry: Round Two.

http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=05202016
Logged

Jaded Tersk

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 49
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 166
    • View Profile
Re: 20th May 2016: Fig-Skivvied Dreamers
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2016, 11:05:33 am »

This strip is relevant to me and my interests.

If I had a few thousand bucks it wouldn't touch the sides of my problems except I could buy a casket to lay down in and start getting rotten(er).
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: 20th May 2016: Fig-Skivvied Dreamers
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2016, 04:11:26 pm »

Did I say last week's strip was the best of the new ones? I was wrong, it's this one.

I think the correct thread title though is "at least Radiohead has a car."
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Ryabovsky

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 4
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10
  • bool DisagreementBox(bool a) {a = true; return a;}
    • View Profile
Re: 20th May 2016: Fig-Skivvied Dreamers
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2016, 09:28:25 pm »

I think the correct thread title though is "at least Radiohead has a car."

I would have gone with, "the same thing as not listening to Radiohead," but to each their own.
Logged

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: 20th May 2016: Fig-Skivvied Dreamers
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2016, 08:36:13 am »

Y'all are right, radiohead is the worst.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

AKKOLADE

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 19
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 106
    • View Profile
Re: 20th May 2016: Fig-Skivvied Dreamers
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2016, 03:23:54 pm »

That's why i went with "fig skivvied dreamers", altogether less controversial.
Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: 20th May 2016: Fig-Skivvied Dreamers
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2016, 10:39:31 pm »

Seems to be a lot of Radiohead backlash lately.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: 20th May 2016: Fig-Skivvied Dreamers
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2016, 04:46:07 pm »

I have never gotten that into Radiohead, but yesterday someone mentioned Hail to the Thief. That brought back a lot of memories. It was the first CD I bought without knowing what the band sounded like-- I just knew that cool people liked Radiohead, and I thought the cover was awesome. I remember being totally blown away by how good it was.

This is bizarre, because in 2003 I was in 9th grade. Had I really not bought any cool new CDs before then?
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: 20th May 2016: Fig-Skivvied Dreamers
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2016, 06:51:37 am »

I have never gotten that into Radiohead, but yesterday someone mentioned Hail to the Thief. That brought back a lot of memories. It was the first CD I bought without knowing what the band sounded like-- I just knew that cool people liked Radiohead, and I thought the cover was awesome. I remember being totally blown away by how good it was.

This is bizarre, because in 2003 I was in 9th grade. Had I really not bought any cool new CDs before then?

That is a great cd. I think it might be the last cd they've made that the public at large has liked at all. They've veered into more challenging territory since then that even a lot of their former fans can't get into. I however, still find them very much worth listening to.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.
Pages: [1]   Go Up