Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood There are only five Wodehouse books on my special Wodehouse shelf?! As Jeeves himself might ask, "Where in the fuck are the rest of them."

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: June 3rd 2016 - A Lunatic Does Not Behave  (Read 3916 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

AKKOLADE

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 19
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 106
    • View Profile
June 3rd 2016 - A Lunatic Does Not Behave
« on: June 03, 2016, 10:54:17 am »

Of course, we knew in the abstract that all marketing is bullshit, but this is one potent illustration.
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: June 3rd 2016 - A Lunatic Does Not Behave
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2016, 11:29:30 am »

That is the correct thread title, although "Nice and small-batchy" also caught my eye.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: June 3rd 2016 - A Lunatic Does Not Behave
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2016, 12:30:20 pm »

Did we mention that Teodor is a stand-in for Onstad? Did you get that?
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

Victoria Waterfield

  • Molly
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 336
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 739
  • FUCK YOU, MIKE!
    • View Profile
Re: June 3rd 2016 - A Lunatic Does Not Behave
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2016, 12:56:32 pm »

What next, a strip about not writing anything for over a year?
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: June 3rd 2016 - A Lunatic Does Not Behave
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2016, 02:33:51 pm »

How you even talkin when you say those words?
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: June 3rd 2016 - A Lunatic Does Not Behave
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2016, 07:01:23 pm »

Where can I buy Has Lid?
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: June 3rd 2016 - A Lunatic Does Not Behave
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2016, 07:54:07 pm »

I have to say, I love him so much for this strip. Sometimes I am not crazy about the parts of the strip where T is standing in for Onstad, but this is so perfect. Also every time I re-read it there's another perfect thread title.

Question: Should I know who the people on the magazine covers are? Are they famous people I don't recognize or just random?
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: June 3rd 2016 - A Lunatic Does Not Behave
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2016, 07:56:58 pm »

I have to say, I love him so much for this strip. Sometimes I am not crazy about the parts of the strip where T is standing in for Onstad, but this is so perfect. Also every time I re-read it there's another perfect thread title.

Question: Should I know who the people on the magazine covers are? Are they famous people I don't recognize or just random?

The second one is George Clooney, I'm pretty sure. The other one I don't recognize.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: June 3rd 2016 - A Lunatic Does Not Behave
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2016, 08:33:16 pm »

The first one is Macklemore. He is an annoying rapper dude who had a huge hit in the past few years-- Thrift Shop. (maybe not the title)

I knew you guys kept me around for a reason!
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: June 3rd 2016 - A Lunatic Does Not Behave
« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2016, 10:36:03 pm »

I suspected as much. I am not so out of it, I so know who both of those people are, but not what they look like.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: June 3rd 2016 - A Lunatic Does Not Behave
« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2016, 12:08:40 am »

I am reminded of this thread: http://touamb.com/index.php?topic=3186.510
I so know who both of those people are, but not what they look like.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: June 3rd 2016 - A Lunatic Does Not Behave
« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2016, 12:26:55 am »

Wow, 35 pages. I think a lot fewer "movies actually watched by wombat" came out of that thread than it deserved.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: June 3rd 2016 - A Lunatic Does Not Behave
« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2016, 01:43:43 pm »

Wow, 35 pages. I think a lot fewer "movies actually watched by wombat" came out of that thread than it deserved.

It's alright.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

AKKOLADE

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 19
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 106
    • View Profile
Re: June 3rd 2016 - A Lunatic Does Not Behave
« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2016, 07:27:44 pm »

I have to say, I love him so much for this strip. Sometimes I am not crazy about the parts of the strip where T is standing in for Onstad, but this is so perfect. Also every time I re-read it there's another perfect thread title.

Question: Should I know who the people on the magazine covers are? Are they famous people I don't recognize or just random?
Macklemore I can just about forgive, but George Clooney? Good God, man, he is one of Today's Main Lonely People's Imaginary Friends. He learned COPTIC, I TELL YOU
Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: June 3rd 2016 - A Lunatic Does Not Behave
« Reply #14 on: June 07, 2016, 07:23:35 am »

COPTIC, I TELL YOU

I've said that to so many people.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.
Pages: [1]   Go Up