Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Chris Onstad does not wear makeup. Life hasn't given him any funny ideas about who he is.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 8th July 2016: The sting of the bull's-eye  (Read 2851 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

AKKOLADE

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 19
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 106
    • View Profile
8th July 2016: The sting of the bull's-eye
« on: July 08, 2016, 10:09:07 am »

http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=07082016

Like Oblique Strategies, only for arseholes. Am I the only one thinking "Mr. Bear, let him have his victory. It's not as if your tales of deaf women and handsome cheeseboys made a net contribution to the world's collective intellect."
Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: 8th July 2016: The sting of the bull's-eye
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2016, 12:44:19 pm »

Maybe Connie wants to horn in on that action.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile

If it were not too long, the correct thread title would be "Now go to your room and do not use English again until I say it is okay."
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: 8th July 2016: The sting of the bull's-eye
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2016, 09:54:58 am »

Oi-vey, I got stung by the Assbar idiots that rule the Achewood Facebook page again. I'd already quit every other Achewood related page, but I'm still a member of the main group. Of course the conversation is centered on the latest strip. Someone pointed out that this is a real book by a real person. I suggested that we go to the books Amazon page and flood it with funny reviews. Apparently that makes me a sexist. I didn't even bother to try and defend myself, but what the hell, people! This is twice now I've been accused of being sexist for nothing!
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Jaded Tersk

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 49
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 166
    • View Profile
Re: 8th July 2016: The sting of the bull's-eye
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2016, 01:46:04 pm »

Oi-vey, I got stung by the Assbar idiots that rule the Achewood Facebook page again. I'd already quit every other Achewood related page, but I'm still a member of the main group. Of course the conversation is centered on the latest strip. Someone pointed out that this is a real book by a real person. I suggested that we go to the books Amazon page and flood it with funny reviews. Apparently that makes me a sexist. I didn't even bother to try and defend myself, but what the hell, people! This is twice now I've been accused of being sexist for nothing!

Anti-semite!
Logged

Bobby Isosceles

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 23
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 244
  • LET US MAKE FLIPPER BABIES
    • View Profile
Re: 8th July 2016: The sting of the bull's-eye
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2016, 02:28:21 pm »

Oi-vey, I got stung by the Assbar idiots that rule the Achewood Facebook page again. I'd already quit every other Achewood related page, but I'm still a member of the main group. Of course the conversation is centered on the latest strip. Someone pointed out that this is a real book by a real person. I suggested that we go to the books Amazon page and flood it with funny reviews. Apparently that makes me a sexist. I didn't even bother to try and defend myself, but what the hell, people! This is twice now I've been accused of being sexist for nothing!

What do you mean, "black lives DON'T matter?" You fuckin' racist.
Logged
i'm a gorilla, barbarians is my ancestors
it's part of my neurological transmitters

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: 8th July 2016: The sting of the bull's-eye
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2016, 04:25:38 pm »

There are definitely folks in that group that seem to have being offended as their primary social interaction.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: 8th July 2016: The sting of the bull's-eye
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2016, 06:29:34 pm »

I often feel like some of them are trying to impress others by demonstrating how good they are at picking out subtle evidence of bias.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: 8th July 2016: The sting of the bull's-eye
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2016, 02:42:35 am »

I like this place where we talk about the comic strip with the funny cats.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: 8th July 2016: The sting of the bull's-eye
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2016, 05:02:46 am »

Haha, cats
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: 8th July 2016: The sting of the bull's-eye
« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2016, 01:01:05 pm »

Remember when the cats got manes? That was good.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

Bobby Isosceles

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 23
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 244
  • LET US MAKE FLIPPER BABIES
    • View Profile
Re: 8th July 2016: The sting of the bull's-eye
« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2016, 03:16:16 pm »

Oh god. Tatsuya Ishida bit Onstad and now he is a were-feminist?
Logged
i'm a gorilla, barbarians is my ancestors
it's part of my neurological transmitters

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: 8th July 2016: The sting of the bull's-eye
« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2016, 04:07:38 pm »

The big one with the fabulous hair, or the little black one that has some sort of disorder?
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.
Pages: [1]   Go Up