Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood "One of Your Shoes is By the Dog Food: A Tale of Things Not Worth Mentioning During Married Life," is out in September on Harper-Doubleday.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Andalucia's Son House Painting  (Read 3755 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Andalucia's Son House Painting
« on: January 24, 2004, 10:02:42 pm »

Check this out...

ANDALUCIA'S SON HOUSE PAINTING

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

AlohaDawg

  • Moderator
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Andalucia's Son House Painting
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2004, 12:29:46 am »

I have just been going through Blues websites making a list of essential CD's and of course, Son House is high on the list.

At first, I thought our Lily had a son who was photographed, well, painting her house. Given her assumed age, I thought this unlikely.

Great painting. Good use of turmeric; in India they have long used turmeric for a textile and even body dye. It's a gorgeous yellow.

Andalucia better come through with the rest of these hidden talents. And a good curry recipe for the kitchen would be great too.

Paul, you need to do something about that chin. Our inpatient Hanson's Disease unit is at Le'ahi Hospital near Diamond Head. I can get you in. And good on ya' for supporting Lily's art.
Logged

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
Andalucia's Son House Painting
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2004, 01:30:44 am »

Quote from: "AlohaDawg"
Paul, you need to do something about that chin. Our inpatient Hanson's Disease unit is at Le'ahi Hospital near Diamond Head. I can get you in.


Always glad to hear that something I learned about on the Simpsons is true.  As for the hidden powers, well, if I told the whole Internet, they wouldn't really be hidden NOW WOULD THEY?
Logged
goose means greedy

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Andalucia's Son House Painting
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2004, 03:23:03 am »

Only one comment, for shame.  I thought ya'll would at least be polite.  Andalucia's gonna get her feelings hurt* if you don't tell her how freakin' awesome her painting is.

~Paul

*Me too.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Andalucia's Son House Painting
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2004, 04:36:42 am »

It's still a wonderful painting.  Please don't stop painting, Anda.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Andalucia's Son House Painting
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2004, 06:35:49 am »

I'm still just burning with jealousy that you got one and I didn't.  I'm selgiraffe that way.

That painting is so awesome I've made Paul's photo of it my desktop background image.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Andalucia's Son House Painting
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2004, 06:52:53 pm »

Awesome.  This board is just full of talented people!  Also, andalucia/Lily is the cutest Canadian high school student I've ever seen. :wink:  And I mean that in the den-mother, wanna-pinch-her-cheeks sort of way, not the creepy, Mrs. Robinson-gone-lesbian sort of way.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

AlohaDawg

  • Moderator
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Andalucia's Son House Painting
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2004, 08:01:52 pm »

I kind of like this creepy Mrs Robinson Lesbian thing. That's a hell of a good idea. Someone needs to film that with an all lesbian cast. It gives a whole new meaning to the future being in plastics.
Logged

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
Andalucia's Son House Painting
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2004, 10:08:34 pm »

Quote from: "jldunston"
cutest Canadian high school student .


You get many of my kind around the... uh... graveyard of the Atlantic?

As for how the porno idea came tangentially from pictures of me, I disapprove to some extent.
Logged
goose means greedy

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Andalucia's Son House Painting
« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2004, 02:45:31 am »

Quote from: "jldunston"
Awesome.  This board is just full of talented people!  Also, andalucia/Lily is the cutest Canadian high school student I've ever seen. :wink:  And I mean that in the den-mother, wanna-pinch-her-cheeks sort of way, not the creepy, Mrs. Robinson-gone-lesbian sort of way.


I'm not seeing cute in those pics.  This girl is serious and moody.  She's got angst.  If you try to pinch her cheeks she's liable to stick that brush in your eye.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
Andalucia's Son House Painting
« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2004, 03:46:35 am »

Heh.
Logged
goose means greedy
Pages: [1]   Go Up