Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Come Join the Digital Gum Club  (Read 2930 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Come Join the Digital Gum Club
« on: January 26, 2004, 12:05:10 am »

Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
Come Join the Digital Gum Club
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2004, 03:07:59 am »

Well that makes me want to die.
Logged
goose means greedy

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Come Join the Digital Gum Club
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2004, 03:35:09 am »

--wha?
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Come Join the Digital Gum Club
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2004, 04:43:11 am »

Okay, Wombat, V-Adore, Slink and any other Nippon-o-philes lurking on the board: I want a translated flash page linked by tomorrow morning.

That is all.
Logged

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
Come Join the Digital Gum Club
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2004, 04:44:40 am »

Do you really want to know what it's talking about?  I've got a feeling it's even more frightening than the Terrible Secret of Space.
Logged
goose means greedy

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Come Join the Digital Gum Club
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2004, 04:45:06 am »

Man, the Japanese are a FUCKED UP people.

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Come Join the Digital Gum Club
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2004, 11:57:48 am »

Quote from: "AlohaDawg"
Okay, Wombat, V-Adore, Slink and any other Nippon-o-philes lurking on the board: I want a translated flash page linked by tomorrow morning.

That is all.


Well, I can at least tell you the source of the music!
It's by Yoko Kanno and is used in the episode of Cowboy Bebop featuring Edward Wong Hau Pepelu Tivrusky IV.
Just the music has me grinning.
I love Japan!

Unfortunately, insofar as translation goes, I haven't worked on Kanji at all yet. If they gave me a Romanji version it would be OK.
I'll have to save it so I can work it out.
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

V-Adore

  • Guest
Come Join the Digital Gum Club
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2004, 06:51:37 pm »

As far as I can tell, the actual writing is gibberish -- this is primarily katakana, but there's some hiragana thrown in, and at times some of the katakana is reversed. If there's any meaning to be found here, I can't find it.

I suspect this is some sort of elaborate joke, especially given that all the options give you the same results.
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Come Join the Digital Gum Club
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2004, 11:17:33 pm »

I just wasted a fair amount of time coming to the same conclusion as V.  The only kanji they use is backwards too.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc
Pages: [1]   Go Up