Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood If Twain were alive today, he would guffaw despite his benevolent befuddlement.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Fantasy Football 2017  (Read 794 times)

pmcd9

• Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 606
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Fantasy Football 2017
« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2018, 12:26:24 pm »

I just played a bunch of electric guitar and apparently it angered up the blood.

Nah, I get it. The NFL is the worst. After the Oilers left Houston it took me 10 years before I watched another football game outside of the Superbowl. I became that guy that watches the game for the commercials, so embarrassing. I had to do a lot of mental gymnastics to work my head around it. The players are awful and the owners are worse. My policy of not knowing anything that goes on off the field has become untenable. What with the President getting involved and... I ask you how is it possible for the NFL to be wrong on both sides of the kneeling issue?

Have you seen Last Chance U? It's just so godawful horrible.
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Carlos del Vaca

• The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Homosexuals the Gorilla
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1312
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2018, 02:14:09 pm »

Oh yeah, don't get me started on college football. Got a lot of issues there too.

Interestingly I have been watching high school football the past couple years and have enjoyed it (which is easy to do when your kids' school is on a run of three straight state titles). The emphasis seems to be on teamwork and execution. Make the dang tackle, not so much "hit him so hard his teeth rattle."
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

pmcd9

• Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 606
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 27, 2018, 01:03:40 am »

Interestingly I have been watching high school football the past couple years and have enjoyed it (which is easy to do when your kids' school is on a run of three straight state titles).

Oh yeah, high school football is ruined for me now too. The school my nephew goes to got a new stadium a few years ago and it's the worst. It has a jumbotron and those long thin screens that run the entire length of the bleachers between the sections. This thing is a menace. If they just used it for announcements, or instant replay it would be cool, but it's instead virtually taken the place of the band, the drill team and the cheerleaders. Whenever there's a break in the action the damn thing comes on to fire up the crowd. That's what the band and the cheerleaders are there for!!! Half the time when the band does play they are competing with the goddamn jumbotron. They even have to wait for the jumbotron to finish it's business before they can play the fight song after a score. They even mix in a whole bunch of commercials too. I fuck*ng hate it. I have a nephew in the marching band, he's about to start his senior year. I went to see him march once and never returned. The rest of my family and everyone else there loved it. I couldn't find anyone who understood why I am so against it.

The worst part though is it was totally unnecessary, the entire stadium I mean. They already had a perfectly good stadium, still do. They still use it for JV games and track meets and such. But they spent 100 million dollars on a new stadium anyway.
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up