Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Sometimes I don't know what the fuck y'all are talking about and I'm cool with that.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: let's roll - 26/01  (Read 16759 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
let's roll - 26/01
« Reply #30 on: January 26, 2004, 09:20:30 pm »

Quote from: "Ding Dong Day"
<-------Is that good? Is that what you WANT?


It exceeds my greatest expectations.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Bozack

  • Most Melancholy of Batmen
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1651
  • stop this car, i'm getting out
    • View Profile
let's roll - 26/01
« Reply #31 on: January 26, 2004, 09:27:10 pm »

Quote
ALSO: Welcome, Bozak!

I read that and imagined this:
Driving late at night, past a Best Western. Up on the glowing sign, this:

JANUARY 12- UNITED STATES HOG FARMERS CONVENTION
JANUARY 18- JUNIOR LITTLE LEAGUE PING-PONG CHAMPIONSHIPS
JANUARY 19- MASS SUICIDE, BRUNCH
ALSO: WELCOME, BOZAK!
Logged
Hey, things are going okay now!

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
let's roll - 26/01
« Reply #32 on: January 26, 2004, 09:43:00 pm »

Quote from: "Bozack"
Oh, also, I thought I once heard that cats and dogs (along with, hypothetically, other animals) can, when in danger, suck their bozacks into their stomach cavities. Why does Beef not utilize this bozack-saving strategum?


Beef isn't aware he's hanging out. If he was he'd tuck in before arriving. Debbie will be the first to see, make a joke, and start a silly nickname for him. Of course she'll secretly be flirting and wishing her bf had a wang like that.
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
let's roll - 26/01
« Reply #33 on: January 26, 2004, 09:43:08 pm »

Is this the first strip which is Not Safe For Work?  Or did I just never notice before because I used to have a private office?

Much of the discussion above has made me thankful in a way I never was before for not having a ding-dong.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
let's roll - 26/01
« Reply #34 on: January 26, 2004, 09:51:00 pm »

Quote from: "wombat"
Is this the first strip which is Not Safe For Work?  Or did I just never notice before because I used to have a private office?

Much of the discussion above has made me thankful in a way I never was before for not having a ding-dong.


http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=01252002
Logged

madhatte

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6
  • CRONK WANT PUPPET PALS
    • View Profile
    • I am a plant geek.
let's roll - 26/01
« Reply #35 on: January 27, 2004, 12:08:21 am »

Oh my freaking god--that is a Santa Cruz Rob Roskopp circa 1987 with a tailbone and alternating-color wheels (most likely Powell-Peralta Rat Bones in pink and green) JUST LIKE the one I had.  I bet Ray had those Tracker Ultralight trucks back in the day too.  I am SO having a flashback.  Now that I think of it, I had that DK's T-shirt too.  Ray is my dogg FOREVER.  Beef too.

*edited for continuity because I so scatterbrained
Logged
"Like all good things, it starts with a monkey."  --  Penny Arcade

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
let's roll - 26/01
« Reply #36 on: January 27, 2004, 12:46:53 am »

Everyone has had that DK shirt.  But I must say, your rad skate-board-having-ownedness does impress.
Logged
goose means greedy

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
let's roll - 26/01
« Reply #37 on: January 27, 2004, 01:17:57 am »

I never heard of that before the Beef's birthday flashback
Logged

Bozack

  • Most Melancholy of Batmen
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1651
  • stop this car, i'm getting out
    • View Profile
let's roll - 26/01
« Reply #38 on: January 27, 2004, 02:46:56 am »

Quote from: "andalucia"
Everyone has had that DK shirt.

Yes, literally, I think there was a time when each newborn babe was given one Dead Kennedy's shirt, and that one Misfits shirt, with the ghoul on it. The only thing I remember from middle school is thousands of identical skinny little kids with shaved heads, all wearing one of those shirts. I remember....I was the son of a Philipino merchant....I was sitting on the steps of his store...I remember I was...I was  crying.
Logged
Hey, things are going okay now!

V-Adore

  • Guest
let's roll - 26/01
« Reply #39 on: January 27, 2004, 05:32:11 am »

Quote from: "Asherdan"
That shirt led directly to one of the most vehement lectures I've ever received in a classroom, courtesy of my HS history teacher.  He was very concerned with the tastelesness of the bands name.

Needless to say, I was supremely proud to have bugged him so deeply.  That was half the point of the shirt, RIGHT?

I do know that feeling. My MST3K "BITE ME" shirt had a similar purpose, back in eighth grade.

(I had a shirt with Leonardo's picture of the many-armed naked dude* which was intended to serve a similar purpose, but my mother vetoed it. Le sigh. My life was PAIN AND BLACK ROSES.)

* yes, I am that undercultured.
Logged

The Moose King

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 8
    • View Profile
let's roll - 26/01
« Reply #40 on: January 27, 2004, 05:47:50 am »

I don't know... the only Dead Kennedys T-shirt I've seen recently (perhaps due to the band having been broken up for a long time -- but I'm just guessing) had the band's logo on the back and "Nazi Punks Fuck Off" on the front.  And he was sitting in the front row of a comedy show where I was performing.  Therefore:

'One minute -- there's a gentleman in the front row. Could you stand up, please, sir? This man is wearing a shirt which reads, "Nazi Punks Fuck Off", and I'd just like to applaud him for his courageous anti-Nazi punk stance. It's not even like, "Nazi Punks are Evil", is it? It's just "Fuck Off" -- you sound annoyed by the notion. "Nazi punks? Ah, get out of here. I don't like you..."'
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
let's roll - 26/01
« Reply #41 on: January 27, 2004, 06:21:47 am »

I totally had that shirt back in high school.  And I also used to dress in all black a lot and if any authority figure would be a smart-ass and ask me if I were in mourning or something I'd tell them that it was a Holiday in Cambodia.

I haven't listened to DK in a while but dang they were my favourite band for a year or so.

Any Minor Threat homeboys in the house?  Fugazi represent, yo.

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
let's roll - 26/01
« Reply #42 on: January 27, 2004, 06:38:22 am »

So,

Could this be leading to how Roast Beef got his name?  (So so so sorry if I forgot the strip that already explains it).

http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=03212002

That's all I can come up with.

Also, Roast Beef seems to be quite the DK fan.

http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=04222002

Further, "hell of decrepit"?  That made me laugh.  So Beef.

And lastly, "Oh shit yes!"  Classic Ray.

A good strip.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
let's roll - 26/01
« Reply #43 on: January 27, 2004, 06:43:29 am »

Nope:

http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=08072002

I would love to have that hanging on my wall.

Quote from: "wombat"
Is this the first strip which is Not Safe For Work?  Or did I just never notice before because I used to have a private office?

Much of the discussion above has made me thankful in a way I never was before for not having a ding-dong.


Well, it's a blessing and a curse.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

V-Adore

  • Guest
let's roll - 26/01
« Reply #44 on: January 27, 2004, 10:00:19 pm »

Quote from: "The Moose King"

'One minute -- there's a gentleman in the front row. Could you stand up, please, sir? This man is wearing a shirt which reads, "Nazi Punks Fuck Off", and I'd just like to applaud him for his courageous anti-Nazi punk stance. It's not even like, "Nazi Punks are Evil", is it? It's just "Fuck Off" -- you sound annoyed by the notion. "Nazi punks? Ah, get out of here. I don't like you..."'

Before this got buried, I'd just like to point out that this made me a happy person. So there.
Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up