Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

What we need more of is science.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Preserving Achewood  (Read 137 times)

spencersage

• Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 5
  • I'm a mighty pirate.
    • View Profile
Preserving Achewood
« on: December 13, 2017, 12:31:19 am »

Hey Chochachos!

I've got a fear.

I've got a terrible fear that Achewood is going to disappear from the internet without warning at any moment, due to Chris' (seemingly definitive, this time) conclusion of the project. I'm afraid that he could decide that the upkeep on the site is no longer worthwhile and access to the greatest webcomic ever will be rescinded.

We've already lost Assetbar, the subscriber-only archives, etc over the past several years. Achewood content has been forever lost to the sands of time.

The honor shop looked like it was going to provide most of the supplemental content to us, until it stopped getting updated. Lots of holes in the content available there.

To that end, I've decided to start compiling an archive of sorts. I'm emulating the style of the Dark hoss publications and picking up where they left off. Ultimately, I plan to print and bind these for personal use/addition to my library. I'll happily share them here when they're complete. To avoid any legal issues, I'm only including the freely available Achewood Archive content (no honor shop or old subscriber-only content).

I'm trying to be very particular with the style. I'm using the Blue Highway font and I'm meticulously copying the particulars of punctuation and capitalization from all of the titles and alt-texts (in my mind, punctuation/capitalization is an important element of the Achewood style/comedy).

I'm attaching my current rough draft of the archive (I've completed it through "Lyle wins Oasis") and table of contents for review by the biggest fans I know. If anyone has any suggestions or corrections for the style or current content, please let me know!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/fu0i714elto67uz/Achewood%20Archive%20Rough%20Draft.pdf?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/luo4uvn3h20x9ez/Achewood%20Title%20and%20ToC%20Rough%20Draft.pdf?dl=0

wombat

• English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 634
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Preserving Achewood
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2017, 02:50:44 pm »

Since Chris is still making money by selling Achewood art on Facebook, it seems unlikely he's going to let the site go dark anytime soon. But life is uncertain and as long as you're not asking for money for this, I guess it's OK.
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc
Pages: [1]   Go Up