Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Alright, America. I'm playing the underpants and pants game. If just for one more day.

Poll

Me and the Bean

1 star
- 0 (0%)
2 stars
- 0 (0%)
3 stars
- 1 (14.3%)
4 stars
- 6 (85.7%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Voting closed: January 26, 2004, 04:21:39 pm


Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: I'm Loving 'Me and the Bean'  (Read 6507 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
I'm Loving 'Me and the Bean'
« on: January 26, 2004, 04:21:39 pm »

I'm not gonna stop raving on these mixdisc.

I'm especially infatuated with Neko Case.  The Deep Red Bells is a great song.

Is the The New Pornographers song from the same album as the one on sjlimmers disc?

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: I'm Loving 'Me and the Bean'
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2004, 04:49:06 pm »

I've been wondering when I was going to get my own topic!

Quote from: "pmcd9"
Is the The New Pornographers song from the same album as the one on sjlimmers disc?


Yes, they're both from Electric Version.

I luuuuuuuuuurrrve me some Neko Case.  Not only is she a terrific singer/songwriter, she's also hella sexy.  If I had one of those lists of "Five People I Can Do if the Opportunity Arises and My Wife Agrees Not to Object," Neko would be on it.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

Limmo

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 40
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1166
    • View Profile
I'm Loving 'Me and the Bean'
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2004, 05:14:59 pm »

A four-star disc, fergoddamnsure.  Especially for the sippy-cup artwork.
Logged

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
I'm Loving 'Me and the Bean'
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2004, 05:46:26 pm »

Quote from: "Limmo"
A four-star disc, fergoddamnsure.  Especially for the sippy-cup artwork.


I've got three disc in the running for best packaging.  This one is at or near the top.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
I'm Loving 'Me and the Bean'
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2004, 05:50:57 pm »

What the hell is an Arab Strap anyway?

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
I'm Loving 'Me and the Bean'
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2004, 06:13:23 pm »

Quote from: "pmcd9"
What the hell is an Arab Strap anyway?

~Paul


Paul, Paul, Paul.  Have you learned nothing from  the Bukkake Fiasco?

Band Name!
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

St_Zartan

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 11
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 928
    • View Profile
    • http://zer-un.199x.net
I'm Loving 'Me and the Bean'
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2004, 06:36:29 pm »

Quote from: "AugustWest"
Paul, Paul, Paul.  Have you learned nothing from  the Bukkake Fiasco?


Don't worry, dude, leave it to me to explain this with my usual class and taste.

An Arab Strap is something you strap around your ding-dong and bozack, with the express intention of cutting off circulation to the general Rad Chilies Vicinity. Understanding why one would want to do so is left as an exercise for the reader.

Also, yes, Neko Case is quite the looker.
Logged

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
I'm Loving 'Me and the Bean'
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2004, 06:38:45 pm »

I actually just researched this myself.

The FAQ on Belle & Sebastian's web site says "It's a device used to help reluctant hosss to mate," so within the context of the song I'd say that's your answer.  

However, you'll get something different depending on who you ask.  The biography for the band Arab Strap (no relation to B&S) indicates that it is some sort of S&M-ish schlong-holding harness.  And a poster on the Arab Strap message board says it's what they use to whip naughty Middle Eastern school children.  

In any event, I don't want to be near one.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

V-Adore

  • Guest
I'm Loving 'Me and the Bean'
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2004, 06:44:47 pm »

I just got this today. So much mix-CD love right here, especially for the packaging, which is quite simply gorgeous. I feel privileged to own this.
Logged

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
I'm Loving 'Me and the Bean'
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2004, 06:46:44 pm »

Quote from: "St_Zartan"
Quote from: "AugustWest"
Paul, Paul, Paul.  Have you learned nothing from  the Bukkake Fiasco?


Don't worry, dude, leave it to me to explain this with my usual class and taste.

An Arab Strap is something you strap around your ding-dong and bozack, with the express intention of cutting off circulation to the general Rad Chilies Vicinity. Understanding why one would want to do so is left as an exercise for the reader.

Also, yes, Neko Case is quite the looker.


Thank you Zartan.  And here I was guessing it was a hair style like say Fu Manchu or Mutton Chops.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
I'm Loving 'Me and the Bean'
« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2004, 06:49:33 pm »

Quote from: "carlosdelvaca"
The biography for the band Arab Strap (no relation to B&S) indicates that it is some sort of S&M-ish schlong-holding harness.


So is Arab Strap the new Steely Dan?

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
I'm Loving 'Me and the Bean'
« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2004, 06:50:17 pm »

It's kinda like Luddite Viagra
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
I'm Loving 'Me and the Bean'
« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2004, 07:41:20 pm »

An "arab strap" is a type of underwear.

It's not a c*ck string, or something to make the phallus look erect as much as it is a cock sheath, akin to something you'd put a sword into.  The bozak functions as a hilt.

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
I'm Loving 'Me and the Bean'
« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2004, 07:57:52 pm »

Damn, I don't even want to know what a 'Steely Dan' is now.
Logged

V-Adore

  • Guest
I'm Loving 'Me and the Bean'
« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2004, 08:08:29 pm »

Quote from: "AlohaDawg"
Damn, I don't even want to know what a 'Steely Dan' is now.

If I'm recalling correctly, "Steely Dan" was the pet name given to a dildo in Naked Lunch.

Also, "Rosebud" was the name of Charles Foster Kane's sled because it was also the pet name William Randolph Hearst gave to a certain particular intimate feature of his mistress. That Orson Welles, he was a rebel.
Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up