Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

So now we know who reads the News Box.  Hello Jaydub.

Poll

Me and the Bean

1 star
- 0 (0%)
2 stars
- 0 (0%)
3 stars
- 1 (14.3%)
4 stars
- 6 (85.7%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Voting closed: January 26, 2004, 04:21:39 pm


Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: I'm Loving 'Me and the Bean'  (Read 6525 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
I'm Loving 'Me and the Bean'
« Reply #30 on: January 27, 2004, 04:43:19 am »

I feel  better now. Really old, but better.
Logged

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
I'm Loving 'Me and the Bean'
« Reply #31 on: January 27, 2004, 04:52:49 am »

Quote from: "AlohaDawg"
I feel  better now. Really old, but better.


I know how you feel Dawg, i'm just trying to keep up.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
I'm Loving 'Me and the Bean'
« Reply #32 on: January 27, 2004, 05:37:23 am »

YOU KIDS GET OFF MY LAWN!!!
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
I'm Loving 'Me and the Bean'
« Reply #33 on: January 27, 2004, 06:33:35 am »

Actually, that line that to which St. Zaxxon refers is a bit of clever wordplay - it has nothing to do with a band (these lyrics are from memory of four years ago when I had this album on constant repeat):

Quote

You were laid on your back with the boy:

with the arab strap
from the arab strap


The first instance suggests that she's "laid on her back" meaning she's on her back and the boy who owns an "arab strap" has had intercourse with her supine form.

The second suggests that it is the arab strap that is responsible for laying her on her back - like it knocked her right on her back.

Anyway, great song.  I liked "If You're Feeling Sinister" better, and "Fold Your Hands Child" wasn't really all that good at all IMO.

But I really like the new one.  I know what you mean by "I'm a Cuckoo" being a great song, but that very first track is just FOURTEEN KINDS OF AWESOME.

In fact, it will be on my 2nd disc of my mix disc set (which mails this week - PM me with your address if you want one and haven't already).

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
I'm Loving 'Me and the Bean'
« Reply #34 on: January 27, 2004, 09:28:06 pm »

'Thought at Work' is a great song.  I love that album.  I thought about putting 'Water' on my mixdisc, but I have alzheimers and totally forgot about it when I was doing the compiling.  Damn, I was grooving to that disc all last summer.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
I'm Loving 'Me and the Bean'
« Reply #35 on: February 28, 2004, 06:42:09 am »

Quote from: "pmcd9"
Quote from: "carlosdelvaca"
The biography for the band Arab Strap (no relation to B&S) indicates that it is some sort of S&M-ish schlong-holding harness.


So is Arab Strap the new Steely Dan?

~Paul

 
Quote from: "V-Adore"

If I'm recalling correctly, "Steely Dan" was the pet name given to a dildo in Naked Lunch..


The one in the book was Steely Dan III, if I recall correctly. Led to some bewildersome ancestry questions for me.

Also, the Belle&Sebastian song/album are named after the band- apparently they were friends, or fans or something (both are veryveryscottish, anyways)


Actually, what I meant to imply is that Arab Strap (the band) is the new Steely Dan (the band) because they are both named after sex toys.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up