Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood I got mad about Robert Fripp's "music" again. I need to go to bed.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New Achewood  (Read 8826 times)

0 Members and 6 Guests are viewing this topic.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
New Achewood
« on: September 03, 2026, 10:51:23 pm »

Who's subscribing to the Achewood Patreon?

I've never signed up. I feel like Achewood was something that hit the spot for me at a certain time in my life and I am not actually sure I would enjoy it now. I'd rather not spoil the memory, you know?
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: New Achewood
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2026, 11:04:22 pm »

I am. It's hit or miss. Onstad did the Onstadiest thing where he made a Discord server for subscribers, payed attention to it for a little bit, then abandoned it in favor of only reading and replying to comment posts under each individual comic even though the website sucks.

He's been posting the comics on schedule, doing Ray's Place fairly regularly, and at one point made a (deep sigh) AI version of Ray you could ask questions of
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: New Achewood
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2026, 11:06:58 pm »

Is Achewood published on a regular schedule even Achewood?
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: New Achewood
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2026, 11:11:06 pm »

I know, right?

There was even a time where he was going to be away so made up for it by posting extra
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: New Achewood
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2026, 11:35:43 pm »

Who is this man and what has he done with Chris Onstad.

Seriously, I am happy for him that he has gotten his shit together. I just don't think it's for me anymore. My comic tastes have moved on.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: New Achewood
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2026, 02:28:01 am »

I intend to go back and catch up.  Someday.  But it's kind of like trying to catch a particular time in a bottle.  Feels painfully nostalgic.  But I'm a sucker for nostalgia.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: New Achewood
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2026, 12:14:17 pm »

yeah, that's exactly what it's like. I guess, if I wanted to read it just for nostalgia, I'd re-read the old strips. If I am going to read the new ones, it has to be because it works for the present moment.

I dunno, though, if people really start posting on this board again I might do it out of curiosity. maybe you can go home again? in some little ways?
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: New Achewood
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2026, 12:33:16 pm »

In a classic InEv story, there’s a woman on my block who had a baby at the same time as us… who I knew in high school back when I first started posting on the board. She is from Kansas but was childhood friends with my high school friend and we used to be in group AOL Instant Messaging chats. It is a 100% coincidence that we live on the same block, although I did recognize her building when we looked at our apartment.

This is relevant because I discovered she has all the achewood books and says she and her husband have loved it since high school. I have to have introduced her to it, right?

She said she didn’t know he was making new ones, either.

This may make me sound like someone from my parents’ generation, but if I never heard about this and nobody I follow online has ever mentioned this, how good could they be?
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: New Achewood
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2026, 01:57:34 pm »

maybe you're not cool enough to know about them, inev ;)
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: New Achewood
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2026, 02:10:11 pm »

I think the best new arc was Teodor working for Tina's agency?
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: New Achewood
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2026, 05:44:32 pm »

Beef's line today "World's worst day without any personal money plus ain't got the 'uptakes for this trash jamboree of a society besides" feels a little too forced to actually read as Beef-speak
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: New Achewood
« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2026, 06:40:00 pm »

OK, this is a solid like from The Philippe Times

Lyle just got back from helping spread a friend's ashes! What's a "potato cannon"?
Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up