Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The Dude abides.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Help my Tape  (Read 4606 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Bozack

  • Most Melancholy of Batmen
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1651
  • stop this car, i'm getting out
    • View Profile
Help my Tape
« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2004, 07:23:38 pm »


I'm sorry, I couldn't help myself. May God have mercy on my soul.
Logged
Hey, things are going okay now!

Limmo

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 40
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1166
    • View Profile
Help my Tape
« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2004, 08:38:30 pm »

I saw the Pogues at the Pier in NYC fifteen years ago, and I have never seen so goddamned many fistfights break out at a show ever.
Logged

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
Help my Tape
« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2004, 01:24:32 am »

The Pogues are for sure worth listening to... even their greatest-hits comp (it's orange, but I forget the name) is worth picking up if you're not that kind of élitist.
Logged
goose means greedy

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Help my Tape
« Reply #18 on: January 28, 2004, 05:40:29 am »

My sole exposure to the Pouges consist of seeing them perform on SNL appropriately enough on St. Patricks Day.

As for your tape, needs more cowbell.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Bozack

  • Most Melancholy of Batmen
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1651
  • stop this car, i'm getting out
    • View Profile
Help my Tape
« Reply #19 on: January 28, 2004, 07:30:12 am »

Quote from: "pmcd9"
As for your tape, needs more cowbell.

Yeah, I got a fever, and the only prescription is MORE COWBELL.
Once, while waiting in line for an airline ticket counter, I spied some haggard gentlemen standing off to the side, next to a bunch of instrument cases with "BOC" written on them in Magic Marker. I was mere feet from Blüe Oyster Cult. Only fear of being searched even more than I already was kept me from shouting, "I NEED MORE COWBELL!"
Logged
Hey, things are going okay now!
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up