Going back to Billy Braggm I was reminded of Bill Bailey's fine Billy Bragg style song, and figured I should add the lyrics, semi-OT here, as they are so fine. Kinda lacks the fantastic impression, but still...
I use to buy my chips,
from an oppressive chipshop regime,
the girl who worked there seemed happy but I knew it was not what it seemed.
And do you want salt and vinegar, was what they made her say,
but in the language of the ghetto, that means Help I'm a woman in chains.
I wanted to free her, in my dreams I would see her,
running naked through the woods 'round Rainham, if I had some tiger's I'd train 'em...
...to protect her, from the sexual fascism that was lurkin' round the gherkins.
I'd lean across the counter, and we would talk.
I carved the name Debbie on a little wooden fork.
But into the shop came a skinhead gang, they snatched the fork, from my hand.
Debbie she looked at me, to ascert my masculinity I said 'Oi', they said 'What?'
I said '...nothing'.