Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Italian food is like pornography. I can’t define it, but I know when I have paid too much.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down

Author Topic: Dumb Song Lines  (Read 18917 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Dumb Song Lines
« Reply #60 on: February 05, 2004, 09:47:14 pm »

Indeed. Plus I purposely pulled lyrics for a children's song intended to go with a Flash video. Hence the troll tag.

Although I think on the whole they're more clever than dumb.
Logged

Bozack

  • Most Melancholy of Batmen
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1651
  • stop this car, i'm getting out
    • View Profile
Dumb Song Lines
« Reply #61 on: February 05, 2004, 09:54:46 pm »

Quote from: "TMBG"
Meet James Ensor,
Belgiums famous painter,
dig him up and shake his hand,
appreciate the man.


Dude, that's lyrical genius right there.
Logged
Hey, things are going okay now!

V-Adore

  • Guest
Dumb Song Lines
« Reply #62 on: February 05, 2004, 10:03:12 pm »

"Meet James Ensor" is actually quite clever when you consider that in many regards it's a play off of James Ensor himself, an artist who quite closely examined his own mortality. (I vaguely recall him doing a painting, entitled Self-Portrait, 1970, of a skeleton in a suit.)

I think I'm preaching to the choir, but still.
Logged

Bozack

  • Most Melancholy of Batmen
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1651
  • stop this car, i'm getting out
    • View Profile
Dumb Song Lines
« Reply #63 on: February 05, 2004, 10:26:56 pm »

Quote from: "V-Adore"
I think I'm preaching to the choir, but still.

Haha, yeah, the problems of a nonverbal medium. I love that song, for the reasons you so aptly gave.
Logged
Hey, things are going okay now!

slink

  • Moderator
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Dumb Song Lines
« Reply #64 on: February 06, 2004, 03:20:23 am »

Has to be said that Meet James Ensor is lyrically one of my favourite TMBG songs, and I now have it stuck in my head (bummer...).
Also Dead I always particularly liked, and... well damnit most of them. They were great lyrically, though I mainly refer to Flood and the eponymous album which were the two I know best. I mean the verse about jason and the argonauts in Little Birdhouse I always adored!
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Dumb Song Lines
« Reply #65 on: February 06, 2004, 03:33:25 am »

Quote from: "slink"
Then of course there's Keidas' lyrics for the Chili Peppers. They're not stupid or dumb, they just never make any fuck*ng sense.
Well, OK, to read they are pretty dumb but they don't come across too bad on the records since they just don't make sense.
But, go on, read these and see how bad they are in writing...
Zephyr Song
By The Way


Kedis Lyrics rule...

"Sittin' on a sack of beans
Sittin' down in New Orleans
You wouldn't believe what I've seen
Sitting on that sack of beans

Lunatics on pogo sticks
Another southern fried freak on a crucifix
Hicks don't mix with politics
People on the street just kickin' to the licks"

No, it don't make a bit of sense, but it's cool as hell.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

slink

  • Moderator
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Dumb Song Lines
« Reply #66 on: February 06, 2004, 12:44:07 pm »

Quote from: "pmcd9"

No, it don't make a bit of sense, but it's cool as hell.

~Paul


Agreed, that one is cool, but I mean, come on... Some of the latest ones looks stupid in writing. As I say, they fit brilliantly to the music, and some of them have some great lyrics, but By The Way and Zephyr Song in particular, look pretty silly in writing.
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

palm trees

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 203
    • View Profile
Dumb Song Lines
« Reply #67 on: February 08, 2004, 11:11:33 pm »

Quote from: "Choopernickel"
I am putting myself at risk of incredible bodily pain and mental anguish. Ah, how much I love you people. Ahem:

Quote from: "Kelis"
My milkshake brings all the boys to the yard
And they're like, "It's better than yours."
Damn right, it's better than yours.
I could teach you, but I'd have to charge.



I'd better go listen to something bef--OH MY GOD THE BURNING! MAKE IT STOP!!!


EDIT: STILL WITH THE BURNING!


oh shush your mouth. milkshake lyrick = roc.

watch if you're smart
Logged
[size=10]***DESTROY VINYL***[/size][/color]

palm trees

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 203
    • View Profile
Dumb Song Lines
« Reply #68 on: February 08, 2004, 11:16:53 pm »

more on topic:

"i love you like a fat kid love cake"
-50 Cent

wonderful.
Logged
[size=10]***DESTROY VINYL***[/size][/color]
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up