Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Did you know...
that there is no way to put a picture of a pug in the News Box?

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: 1-29-04 Phillipe for President  (Read 4677 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
1-29-04 Phillipe for President
« on: January 29, 2004, 12:48:04 pm »

Why did we not see this coming?

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
1-29-04 Phillipe for President
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2004, 02:12:59 pm »

Well, I know who I'M voting for.

Lyle for Secretary of State!
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Steve Hogan

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 167
    • View Profile
    • http://www.steve-hogan.com/
1-29-04 Phillipe for President
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2004, 02:18:51 pm »

I smell buttons.
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
1-29-04 Phillipe for President
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2004, 02:21:26 pm »

Beef would totally rock as FCC chair. But I think it would take time to get used to VP Emeril.
Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
1-29-04 Phillipe for President
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2004, 02:37:06 pm »

Actually, this sort of thing has been done to death.  Hey Phillipe, Marmaduke is on the phone, he wants to speak with you.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

revdj

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 102
    • View Profile
    • http://www.dougshaw.com
1-29-04 Phillipe for President
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2004, 02:42:11 pm »

Quote from: "pmcd9"
Actually, this sort of thing has been done to death.


I don't care!  I'm voting for him!
Logged

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
1-29-04 Phillipe for President
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2004, 03:00:11 pm »

You hafta be at least 35 to be preznit.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
1-29-04 Phillipe for President
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2004, 03:29:09 pm »

Quote from: "carlosdelvaca"
You hafta be at least 35 to be preznit.


Human years or otter years?

Bumper stickers!  Bumper stickers!
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

JorgeFabregas

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 93
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1227
  • I was impressed.
    • View Profile
1-29-04 Phillipe for President
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2004, 03:31:13 pm »

Quote from: "carlosdelvaca"
You hafta be at least 35 to be preznit.

Yeah, but they're no age restrictions on RUNNING for president.
Logged
And we know who we should love. But we're never certain how.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
1-29-04 Phillipe for President
« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2004, 04:01:54 pm »

"They point out that the U.S. Constitution specifically forbids those under the age of 35 from holding the Office of the President. To them I say this: an unelectable candidate is an unimpeachable candidate."
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
1-29-04 Phillipe for President
« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2004, 04:35:52 pm »

Up until the last batch of cheap crap I'm pretty sure Onstad didn't generate strips *just* to be commercials for new products.  And even the Philippe as a bee shirt could have seemed like a good idea *after* running the strip.

So if he *does* offer "Philippe For President" stuff, well, he'll lose a little artistic integrity.  Because it's so obvious.

Now, if he were to make millions selling his beads and trinkets, it'd be worth it - but to "sell out" for a few hundred bucks just seems so... soulless.

Anyway, time will tell.

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
1-29-04 Phillipe for President
« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2004, 04:54:15 pm »

Garry Trudeau got a hernia laughing this morning. At Onstad, not Achewood.

Damn politics seeps into everything good and taints it with a spot that won't come out.  There is a specific talent for good political humor and satire. I hope we see some of that. If it's strictly commercial I will be sad.
Logged

Bozack

  • Most Melancholy of Batmen
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1651
  • stop this car, i'm getting out
    • View Profile
1-29-04 Phillipe for President
« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2004, 05:03:32 pm »

Quote from: "AlohaDawg"
If it's strictly commercial I will be sad.

However, if it's "Strictly Commercial: The Best of Frank Zappa," I, for one, will be happy.
Logged
Hey, things are going okay now!

V-Adore

  • Guest
1-29-04 Phillipe for President
« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2004, 06:32:13 pm »

I'm just glad to see Mr. Bear again, personally. But am I the only one who found Philippe a little... well, off-model-looking?

Another point which occurs to me: why does Mr. Bear care about the human president? He's a stuffed bear. He's not even an American citizen! Will the Underground suffer if Bush gets reelected or something?

As for commercialism... if he puts out Philippe for President stuff, I'm not buying. This is all.
Logged

doomglobe

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 35
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 410
    • View Profile
    • doom globe
1-29-04 Phillipe for President
« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2004, 07:25:47 pm »

I am voting for the bob talbot for president, and so should all of you.
Logged
[expletive deleted]
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up