Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Jumping jacks, flinging myself off of low decks, yelling into an empty bottle of carrot juice. Trying to get in writing mode.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: I HANG MY HEAD IN SHAME  (Read 5736 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

keef

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 54
    • View Profile
    • http://www.keef.org
I HANG MY HEAD IN SHAME
« on: August 01, 2003, 07:26:41 am »

I canceled my serializer subscription.

Achewood was the only reason I subscribed, and since he hasn't been doing it I've felt jilted.

Also, I thought the Nate Small thing was cool, but goddamn, man-- I don't care about that crap, I just want comic strips.
Logged

arlucasinc

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 6
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 132
    • View Profile
    • http://arlucasinc.livejournal.com
I HANG MY HEAD IN SHAME
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2003, 01:29:35 pm »

I know what you mean, but there are lots of other good ones out there, so I'm staying on for now.

I really do hope that Onstad has something up there soon, though, cause it has been sad, and it ruins my Tuesday every week.
Logged

Jugwine

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 9
    • View Profile
I HANG MY HEAD IN SHAME
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2003, 01:42:29 pm »

Don't feel bad.  I canceled mine, too.  I figure I'll start up again in November and catch up on all the stuff I missed then.
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
I HANG MY HEAD IN SHAME
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2003, 04:58:37 am »

I've uh, never had a Serializer subscription.  I'll wait until there's more Achewood to read and then go read them all in five minutes and then cancel.

I really don't read web comics so much (or print comics, for that matter).

I used to really like Bloom County and Calvin and Hobbes, of course.

But Achewood is really the only comic that I read now.  And I've started reading SlowWave, but I tend to only read that a month at a time.

-- jough

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
I HANG MY HEAD IN SHAME
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2003, 03:23:16 pm »

Count me in on the never-serialized side of things. Yeah, I missed out on the Nate Small stuff, but I can always go back and do it later! Jough's got the best plan. After all, if we've learned nothing from the archives, we still know that Achewood isn't like sour cream, in that it doesn't need to be fresh to be good.
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
I HANG MY HEAD IN SHAME
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2003, 06:52:34 pm »

Quote from: "doomglobe"
do you think you could send me zork for the pc?


No, that would be copyright violation.  I cannot do something that is illegal.

But e-mail me anyway and we can discuss Zork. ;)

Or you could do a Google search for "Frotz" and find the Windows Z-machine emulator and probably can find the zork.z file to play it.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
I HANG MY HEAD IN SHAME
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2003, 06:54:49 pm »

I split off the zork stuff; it's here.  Talk all you like.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

revdj

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 102
    • View Profile
    • http://www.dougshaw.com
Re: I HANG MY HEAD IN SHAME
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2003, 08:09:07 pm »

Quote from: "keef"
I canceled my serializer subscription.

Also, I thought the Nate Small thing was cool, but goddamn, man-- I don't care about that crap, I just want comic strips.


I cancelled mine a bit ago.  I wasn't into the Nate Small thing; I wasn't into the achewood trivia quizzes either.  I liked a few of the other serializer strips, but I was really paying a monthly fee for achewood comics, and I didn't think I was getting that.

I felt bad - maybe the DAY AFTER I cancelled there suddenly would be a spate of brilliantly drawn hilarity.  But I gave it two months and then thought it was time to stop.
Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up